Sign in to follow this  

Fleet pricing

Anybody ever buy a new truck from a dealership's fleet manager?

What kinda deal did you get?

Find someone who either works for a manufacturer or works for a company that supplies parts to the manufacturer. I bought my F-250 a couple of years ago and hooked up with a guy who worked for Ford. He got a certain number of Ford "A" plan pin #s to give to family and friends. The pin # allows you to buy a vehicle at employee prices. The sticker price on my truck was about $50k and I ended up paying about $36k with no hassles. I just walked into the dealership, found the truck I liked and gave them the pin # and an hour later I drove home in the truck. If you are looking for a Ford www.thedieselstop.com and go to the ordering forum there are Ford employees that frequent there that will give you a pin #. I am assuming the forums for other brands have similar type deals.

I always walk into the fleet department and deal with them. They always act surprised but what it does it cut out the BS dealing with a rookie salesman. Tends to minimize or eliminate the game playing and back and forth games. I would suggest knowing what you want to pay and knowing what a fair deal is before approaching the fleet department.

When I worked for Toyota (mechanic) the fleet guy sold vehicles no questions asked for $250.00 over dealer cost. The only exception was something that was very popular and hard to get.

www.fordtrucks.com

A Plan is for the employees themselves. It is an X Plan Pin you want to ask for. It is a discount for employees to give to family and friends.

I think it is for $250 under invoice. You also get all rebates in affect.

Anyone know what the GM special pricing code (friends and family) is called and where I could get a code?

Thanks