Sign in to follow this  

Tires and bars???

I just bought a 2003 XR250R and it needs new tires what are all around good tires for riding in woods/mud/dirt roads. Also is there a certain type of bars/bend most of you all get for these bikes?

stock bars with bar risers, dunlop 739 rear, dunlop 952 front. the 739 is amazing for the kind of riding i do. always hooks up and plants the power. had the A/T model and it didn't flex enough to grip the trails well and perform in soft dirt with roots. took it out for the first time on saturday and it worked great hook amazingly and planted enough of a foot print to pull me up some nasty muddy hill climbs.

Pirelli MT16 rear, Scorpion Pro front is what I'm going to run this year. Dwight Rudder (mod in the offroad technique forum) recommends these tires, he's a multi-time ISDT/E champ, he's got to know something.

A lot of people run CR high bend, but it really depends on what you want. Do you want to go taller? Less sweep? It all depends on what you need, there is no universal bar.

I'm going to run Tag X5's in a YZ double high bend this summer (same height as CR double high, less sweep).

I have Renthal 7/8's CR High bars.

As for tires, Kenda's seem to be a great tire, lasts and has great bite. Carlsbad for the rear, and I think my dad got a Washougal Sticky for the front. I only have the Carlsbad rear and haven't needed a new front yet.