Sign in to follow this  

How do you take spokes out?

I'm painting my wheels and i need to take out the spokes before i do so. is there any way i can do this with out taking the tire off. if so, how??????

HELPPPPP!!!:applause:

You have to take the tire off to unscrew the spoke nipples and remove the spokes. The only other way would be to cut the spokes ad you probably don't want to do that.

Jane, what kinda of paint are you using? I was gonna do my hubs and rims too. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Guys .. don't paint your wheels. Even if you powder coat and paint it on it will always be prone ot chipping and quickly looks rubbish. I know a number of folk who have done it and lived to regret it. Paint the hubs no probs but not the rims. If you want to do the rims get them anodised. That will look better and will last.

yeah, you definitely don't want to paint the rims. Tire changes will take the paint off the edges in no time. Powder coating might be a cheaper option than anodizing, I don't know the costs but it won't be as strong.

i'm doing a red anodising job on the wheels. it should be okay and last a while

What color hubs would match my blue DRZ? I had the hub and rim match set...dang!

go for like a blue anodized finish, that would look really sick!