Sign in to follow this  

finaly did the power up kit

Finaly did the power up kit on my 07 crf 230 , removed baffle, snorkle and replaced air filter with uni air filter, 120 main, 45 pilot , power up needle clip on 4th position and fuel screw 1.75 turns out. WOW ! what a differance . The bottom & mid range woke up , but the top end felt smooth did not pull like the mid & bottom did . Should I feel more pull to it. The bike runs great no popping or stalling, great responce . Did I do everything right , is that the responce the bike should have .

• Like 1

For me, I felt I lost bottom end if anything. I'm not sure, that was like 2 years ago already. Either way, that sounds normal, good job!

yes, this is the way that these bikes should have come from the factory..

If I put 14/49 gearing will that balance the ranges up alittle better sense the top end don't pull like mid & bottom.

If I put 14/49 gearing will that balance the ranges up alittle better sense the top end don't pull like mid & bottom.

i noticed the same amount of pull in the mid-low range with the new gearing

but i also re-jetted at the same time.. =\

The 230 will always feel like that unless you start changing out internal components. The 230 has a long stroke, that's why it feels so torquey down low and to Mid-Range. Most bikes with shorter strokes in general rev faster and make little low-end torque, but with higher end Hp. Not sure if that's the technical reason, but that's from my own observation. Change the gearing around as much as you want, the 230f will always be a tractor down low. An easy way would probably be to change out the Camshaft to one that is designed for top-end Hp. I know what you mean though, the 230 seems a little flat up top.

WOW ! Thanks heybuddy & crf230rider , out of all this riders & over 100 people that have looked at my thread you 2 are the only ones that know about the power up on crf230's that's amazing. I thank you guys again for your help , if I need your help for more stuff which I will I'll just PM you guys. Thanks.

No prob. This topic has been beaten to death so much, lot of people don't even bother to post anymore.

I thought it would but did not see any thread on performance after doing mods , thats why I asked.

WOW ! Thanks heybuddy & crf230rider , out of all this riders & over 100 people that have looked at my thread you 2 are the only ones that know about the power up on crf230's that's amazing. I thank you guys again for your help , if I need your help for more stuff which I will I'll just PM you guys. Thanks.

any time :applause:

i seem to be the only one here with 14/49 also, lol