UPDATE NEEDED! Canadian bikes registered in CA?

I have searched the forum and I see information that is VERY dated. I have a line on a very affordable 450, but it is NOT registered in CA. It is a Canadian bike owned by a third party. The owner has agreed to go with me to DMV so I can try to register the bike before we exchange money.

Has anyone dealt with registering Canadian bikes in CA in recent times...meaning this year or perhaps last year?

The bike is a 2002 so it should qualify for a green sticker...it is useless to me if I cannot get a green sticker.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

By the way, I am making the switch from Blue to Red :applause:

I have searched the forum and I see information that is VERY dated. I have a line on a very affordable 450, but it is NOT registered in CA. It is a Canadian bike owned by a third party. The owner has agreed to go with me to DMV so I can try to register the bike before we exchange money.

Has anyone dealt with registering Canadian bikes in CA in recent times...meaning this year or perhaps last year?

The bike is a 2002 so it should qualify for a green sticker...it is useless to me if I cannot get a green sticker.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

By the way, I am making the switch from Blue to Red :applause:

You can try with a Bill of sale and the Import billing. Worse case scenerio is find someone in another state and get it registered. Here in Texas there are no taxes paid on dirt bikes (well that was what I was told, when I got a title for mine.)

HTH

Ian