Sign in to follow this  

Tusk Clutch Kits

I just got the new Rock Mountain MC catalog and I saw a clutch kit for $40. it comes with a full set of full set of friction and steel springs and clutch springs. This seems way cheap. They are made by Tusk. I was wondering if anyone has used these clutches before. I wana make sure they aren't just crap.

I've had a tusk kit in my WR444 (big bore 426) for about a year with no problems (about 1500 miles). I ride mostly desert, and am not too hard on th eclutch, but with hot cams, big bore, and hi comp piston, it's putting a fair amount of power thru.

They work great, got it on my CRF 450 and it has lasted almost 2 years and I race every weekend in the summer plus practice. My buddy got a Barnett and it lasted like 3-4 rides on his CR 250. He bought a tusk and has great luck with it also.

I had one in a RM 125 and loved it. I have since sold the bike, but I think the Tusk is still in it. This has been maybe 2 years ago.

A buddy of mine has one in his CR 250 and he also has good luck with it. Alot of the Tusk products are pretty nice for the money. :applause:

If you're a clutch abuser, you will not be happy with Tusk. The fibers swell terribly. Worst I've ever seen.

If you're looking to save money, you might buy the Tusk kit and use the springs and steels, then buy OEM fibers. You still come out ahead vesus all OEM!

I think tusk makes awesome products! their clutches are really nice and can be replaced more often for the money, resulting in better performance. mine work great!

I haven't used the Tusk clutch kit, but knowing how good Rocky Mountain is about standing behind what they sell, I would think it would be worth a try.

I didn't put too many trips on my new Tusk kit yet but I like it so far.

I usually ride over 100 miles per ride and the clutch felt great the whole day, no fade all day.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but, Tusk brand clutch kits and brake pads are repackaged EBC products. They're both good stuff

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but, Tusk brand clutch kits and brake pads are repackaged EBC products. They're both good stuff

I sure didn't know that...

If you're a clutch abuser, you will not be happy with Tusk. The fibers swell terribly. Worst I've ever seen.

If you're looking to save money, you might buy the Tusk kit and use the springs and steels, then buy OEM fibers. You still come out ahead vesus all OEM!

Hey thanks for the tip on replacing the fibers. I will second the motion that if you're using the clutch a lot this kit does not hold a candle to OEM. Dropped a tusk in my KX250 early last year. Definitely loses feel and clutch lever gets difficult to pull after a few hard sessions of moto or trail riding. But no slipping was felt.

Come to think of it, I freshened up my KX last year with some steering head bearings, brakes pads, sprockets, and the clutch from Rocky Mountain bargain parts. Overall, I have been a happy customer with the parts given my intended purpose for them....for use on my practice/trail bike. Also, they have done their job of keeping precious hours off the 4-stroke. :applause:

Just bough a set of EBC friction platses for my auto-clutch. Soaked in oil for several hours before install and testing install soon....EBC frictions plates working great for me so far. The oil was really trashed after a 4hours ride.

I have a TUSK clutch in my 125. It works well, except there is a alot of slack in the cable. And when I really pound on it, the cable slack goes all over the place. But no slippage yet.

And even though it's been decent to me, I won't be buying another one.

Oh, BTW, TUSK clutches aren't made by EBC.