Sign in to follow this  

Do I need a new clutch

Ive had my bike for over a year and it's always been like this. It is a cr125. When my clutch is engaging, id say that my lever has less than a centememter of movent from fully disengaged to fully engaged. The only other bike I have rode that has a clutch is my kdx200 and it doesn't feel like this. I was wondering if the clutch just like that or if it worn down. Basically, do I need a new clutch.

A centimetre at the lever tip?

They're all different but that don't sound like much travel. If it's a cable you could find a lever with a shorted distance from the pivot to the cable, (even a few mm would make a big difference), or you could make the lever on the transmission a little longer. Cable or hydraulic it's probably nothing to do with the clutch basket or pads, just a matter of getting the lever ratio right for you.

Well I put a new clutch in and it feels a lot better but it still engages very quickly. Now that I think about it, I bough my clutch perch and lever 2 years ago and they are for a yz. Im gonna order a cr clutch and see if that helps.