Sign in to follow this  

did it again....

sorry for the bad pics, there off my phone.

how it looked when I started this weekend

Photo37.jpg

Photo38.jpg

Photo39.jpg

after cleaning the carbs and rebuilding my fuel pumps

Photo43.jpg

crammed the engine in there

Photo45.jpg

put the rear suspension back under it.

Photo46.jpg

somthing didnt feel right in the rear suspension so I pulled it out again and went threw it again. :doh

Photo47.jpg

after I went threw it, turns out a bushing fell apart and was binding up, making it unable to rebound correctly.

Photo40.jpg

got it back in, berped the coolent system and fired it up..

Photo48.jpg

Photo49.jpg

Well, it runs like a RAPED APE! im loving it! :rockout

here's the busted engine mount.

Photo44.jpg

what ya think?

damn snow moblies look so cool, i really wanna try one, hopefully when i go up to the mountains again

nice job... not a big fan of old xc's but that shouldent be to bad with the big track. with the small track and all that weight they cant get out of their own way.

nice job... not a big fan of old xc's but that shouldent be to bad with the big track. with the small track and all that weight they cant get out of their own way.

98 xc700 weighs 484 lbs dry... thats lighter then most new polaris's.... not to mention it handles better then any of the edge chassi rmk/sks's I'v rode (lots). not sure about the new iq rmk's.

but, thanks for the complaments guys, I really enjoy working on sleds, im shooting to get a job as a mech at my local dealer one day :applause:

i still wanna get a snow mobile lol

There fun, thats for damn sure! :applause:

Gota love the power of a 700, makes my cr250 feel wussy :applause:

i guess everybody has an opinion but i have driven edge chassis polaris's and the older chassis and i dont see how u find that one handles better. i found that it was really front heavy and would not hook up, also a lot of them had problems with tuning and would bog off the start. i knew a guy with a 1998 sks 700 and he said that he found it very heavy to, with some reasearch he found out that polaris decreased the listed dry weight by about 20 percent back then. they actually weighed quite a bit more..

well to be specific he said 15-20 percent decrease in weight, either way nice job on the sled just saying what i know.

the front end on my 700 feels way lgihter then an rmk 800's.. i'v lifted them back to back before. sks's arnt very good stock, they come stock with a short lug track and dont get any hook up, and another thing is his limiter straps could have been set so there was to much ski pressure. and as for the bog, must have just been his sled. iv rode several 98-00's with the pwk carbs and there not that bad to tune, i know i had way more hastle trying to get the pj in my cr right... most cr owners acually switch to a pwk carb which is what my sled has.

I dont mean to argue, its just what i know :applause:

when i was talking about having rode an older model polaris and it felt very front heavy, would not hook up , and had bog off the start, i was talking about a 98 xc700. i just found that cornering was horrible because the back would just swing all over the place, and the skis were planted to the ground.I drove an edge chassis rmk and switchback and they were a lot better, felt much lighter and handled really good. weather or not the old chassis was lighter in the front which i doubt it sure dosent feel like, and thats what matters. I also found the older chassis were horrible in deep snow. I dont mean to be arguing but your the olny person i have ever heard in my life say that those old model polaris's outhandled the newer chassis and were lighter.

haha yeah you must have been talking about a xc, they didnt even have a sks 700 back in 98.

again, if the track is sliding every where and the ski's are firmly planted, there is to much ski pressure.. takes 30 seconds to fix that.. all in the way the sleds set up... what kind of track was he running? if just a trail/ditch banger i would recomend he gets a ripsaw track if ajusting the limiter straps dosnt help. :applause:

the edge style sleds feel like boats, and are harder to throw around..

common up to ak, ill show you what i mean. i ride circles around my friends on there "new sleds" all the time in the mountains, in fact, one of my friends was so upset with his 02 rmk 800 that he's selling it along with his 02 xc 800 and snowchecking a dragon rmk with hopes he will be able to hang with me in the mountains...

yeah the xc i drove was completly stock and it was horrible, but im sure your is way better with the bigger paddle track and plastic skis. on top of that this one was not tuned very well. i know a lot of people who have old polaris's that had a lot of trouble with getting it right. The guy who owned the one i drove said that he had ot working quite a bit better after messing around with it. either way good job working on the sled