Sign in to follow this  

'93 DR650 Generator Cover

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the 93 DR650 generator cover is made of? I managed to crack mine when the bike lay down for a bit of a rest while riding... :applause: :applause: :lol:

My welder says not a problem if it is aluminium, but he can't do it if it is Magnesium, it is a small (+-3cm) crack where the gear shift lever hit the case when I fell off a rock outcrop.

Thanks,

Gra

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the 93 DR650 generator cover is made of? I managed to crack mine when the bike lay down for a bit of a rest while riding... :applause: :applause: :lol:

My welder says not a problem if it is aluminium, but he can't do it if it is Magnesium, it is a small (+-3cm) crack where the gear shift lever hit the case when I fell off a rock outcrop.

Thanks,

Gra

Even if it is Magnesium it can be welded. All the settings used on a TIG welder to weld aluminum are the ones you need to weld Magnesium. Maybe your welder just doesn't have the proper filler rod?

Thanks for that, had it all checked out, sending it in today & should be finished in time for the weekend play session