Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Radiators - Fluidyne or PWR?

For those of you with experience with aftermarket radiators - are the Fluidyne and PWR comparable as far as quality, reliability, performance, etc.?

thanks

Doc

Thanks William - that's the company. Team Honda and MDK Racing use them, so I figure they couldn't be too bad. These will be for a 07 YZ450F that I just picked up today. A seller on ebay sells the PWR ones for 399 a pair.

Just wondering how they compare to the Fluidynes.

Wow - just read down the page and saw the new Stage 3 Cooling kits. This is what the MDK racing team is using on Nick Wey's and David Villumein's bikes.

I think I will hold out for one of these kits since my new bike will be a street legal SM conversion and I could use not only the extra cooling, but the added oil volume as well.

I suspect as both companies make top notch products there is little to no difference. Maybe some weight variations, but what you give up in weight, you are also potentially giving up strength/crash durability. The better product may be (if there is a better of the two) be as narrow as model (Bike)specific.

Yeah, I saw that cooler setup. My interest would be not so much for additional oil cooling but as you noted, oil capacity. I wonder if they offer/have a thermostat bypass for the oil cooler?