Sign in to follow this  

ThanX young man at Gatorback (DonO)

I just want to say thanks again for helping get my bike up after the mud wreck (I was still whack-o after it all) and when you stopped by my truck to check on me again berfore your race.

I didn't even bother to introduce myself (believe it or not I was still in a stupor) and more stupidly get your name.

Please see me next race (MX or HS) you deserve a free fork brace!!!

Don:thumbsup:

btw, I did 4 laps (2 after the wreck and I should not have done that!)

Sore as a MoFo, I actually thought I broke something because I heard something that sounded like bone snapping (maybe it was my helmet or bike). Hit a mud hole at about 30mph, right after finish line jump, and the bike front end just stuck down and I went off and down hard. Got up okay but was "silly" for a second.

glad to hear your ok!

Carl will be posting something that should make you chuckle, I was wearing the helmet cam and got my foot trapped under the bike for a second or two at pax on sunday.

There is no need for introduction!

Did you hear me screaming "you ok Don???!!!!" after you face planted? I was looking for you and Dan in the pits. Too bad I found you laying in the track. You really took a slam right in front of me. Your pretty much lucky nothing snapped because it was quite a hit. The same thing happened to two other people as well. I meant to give you back your fork brace but forgot. You want it back?

alot of people fell in that mud hole....alot were like sliding through it though none really hit as hard as urs sounded....i fell on an up hill that kinda turned to the right while u were goin up it while in 4th place right on 3rds ass and ended up losing 15 minutes pulling the bike up the hill with some assistance and after kickin the bike forever, but still got a 6th and was only 13minutes behind the leader after the 4th lap. do u guys kno if anyone has some footage or maybe a pic of that huge uphill??? that thing was kinda intimidating put super fun

you talking about the one when you came out of the Pines? Im sure that there will be some footage later on the FTR forum. I think I got something in my front brake caliper because on the second lap it kept getting stuck. I had some trouble on the bigger down hills through the trees so I just quit after the third lap. It was getting old screaming down hills with my back brake locked up skidding the entire way.

Don

If you would just hold it wide open you wouldn't get stuck. I looked for you after the race biut you where gone. The reason we where pited so far back was on Saturday when we got there there was nowhere else to park.

Dan

SSRC

101C

Oh I forgot to tell you that I got 2nd. The guy that won and I agreed that we will never ket any KTM'S beat our Honda's.

Tyler,

Okay, thanks for helping the old geezer. (I was going to give you a brace for helping me so don't worry about returning the one you got, maybe give it to someone).

Dan,

Congrats on 2nd, I was looking okay within top ten before the crash (that took most of everything outta me for quite awhile, still managed 14th outta 33).

Brain,

Were you riding a 3 wheeler:crazy: ? just jokin'

Thor,

I don't know why everyone was so intimidated about those hills, the only two that were tricky were the one's in the woods that 1. when you got to the top you had to make an immediate left then downhill and 2. when you got to the top you went left and it was off camber. Geez, I'm no GNCC pro but I did them all every time even after my crash put me in a stupor.

See all you MX'rs in Jupiter on Sunday.

Glad to hear you are OK DonO.

I'm not doing so well this year. Out of 3 races I have 2 DNF's. My KTM that ALWAYS, ALWAYS starts on the first kick took 4 kicks so I was last off the start by about 20 seconds. I passed 6 guys on the first lap and then had a flat tire! That PISSED ME OFF cause I love Gatorback. Hands down the best place to ride in Florida IMHO.

Scot,

My ole red reliable also didn't kick over on first kick too which really set the tone for the day. I always love G/B because I love the punishment (Albeit I got more than I asked for this time) and can tolerate it more than others (most of the time).

I did learn something though, I had the bike loaded the night before (because I left at 4am) and I'm wondering if moisture, cold, etc. caused the issue even after practice??