Sign in to follow this  

ReKluse help in Colorado.....

I have been fighting with getting my Rekluse to work in my 05 450X. I was wondering if any one here has installed a few of those or knows of a service shop that has in CO.

I would be willing to show up with beer and buy lunch at a fine dinning establishment like Burger King, McDonalds, ect, ect.

Anyway at this point I think my issue is something that I'm missing but would be so obvious to someone else (second set of eyes kind of thing). Any help would be cool. Thanks guys.

I am sitting at .035 with one of my stock plates in and the rest .047 Rekluse plates. I button her all up and let her warm up put her into gear and she dies. So would this be the case if my idle was too high?

I do have a perch adjuster but decided to just get the clutch working first before I try installing that so my clutch cable is completely disconnected at the lever and at the arm.

Is there something I'm missing here, I just don't get it. When reading the instructions I can mentally check off everything they say to do except I'm not soaking my clutch disks in tranny oil like the book (Clymers) says to do when installing. So between the Rekluse directions and Clymers one would think that I have all of the answers in front of me but well.......

If you've done the installation correctly, push the the bike to get it going, jump on, and then click into gear... then follow the rekluse break-in instructions. I ran into the same problem and this worked like a charm.

If you've done the installation correctly, push the the bike to get it going, jump on, and then click into gear... then follow the rekluse break-in instructions. I ran into the same problem and this worked like a charm.

Agreed...

I put one in my '05 CRF450R and it was really grabby at first until it had a little bit of time on it. And if your idle is too high and the spring tension is too low on the clutch actuator arm, the clutch will want to engage pretty much at idle speeds. Fortunately I installed the clutch override and that made the early break in time much easier.

Besides that, the almost zero clutch lever pull force is really nice.

Cheers,

JG

Thanks guys I will try that this weekend. I had a chance to call Rekluse yesterday and they said pretty much the same thing. They said to install my perch adjuster rev it to 4500rpm get it adjusted to a 1/2 inch freeplay and then plan on useing it the first couple of times to get the playes to work together.

However I do have another quick question along the same lines here. I am running the red needle from the JD Jet kit which means that my idle is high to compensate for the air temps. How many of you just switch out to the blue needle for winter or do you leave the red in and change out jets?

I think the idle is half of my problem.

The needle doesn't affect the idle speed much. I'd look more towards the pilot jet or the fuel screw.

The needle doesn't affect the idle speed much. I'd look more towards the pilot jet or the fuel screw.

Ditto here... No real effect on idle with the needle size or shape...

The X-model Hondas are notoriously lean at idle to meet emmisions.

If you haven't bumped up the pilot jet one size, it is pretty difficult to get them to idle correctly.

There are usually 2 springs in the Rekluse kit...

Using the stiffer spring moves the engagement point to a higher RPM speed.

JG

MRMoto is the man. I went home last night put the perch adjuster on, adjusted the slack to what Rekluse said. Pushed it down the street, hopped on, clicked into gear and rode around the block 5 or 6 times and it was working like magic. Thanks guys.

BTW for all of you CO people I found out that Apex Sports in Co Springs has done a ton of these and when I talked to them and told them my story they were more then happy to help me out.

I have never done business with them or even been to thier location but from the tone of the conversation they were all right and didn't seem like it was going to be a money thing, they wanted to get my clutch working for me and make me happy:applause:

"is the man..." The last time I heard that compliment, it came from my wife... LOL

Glad I could be of some help.