Sign in to follow this  

gas line 3.1 gal ims tank help

ok i got a 2004 yz 250f with a 3.1 gal ims tank and i dont no how to put the gas line on, my petcock is on the left side ( shifter side). IMS gave me a long fuel line so i dont no how do route it.

thanks guys

OK, here's how to route it: From the the petcock go toward the carb and around the backside and up over the round part that connects the airbox to the carburator, then bring the line back towards you and connect to the carb.

Or just take a look at this picture in my Thumpertalk Garage, its a little easier than explaining it. :applause:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=35556

Its pretty easy, its a good tank too, you'll be happy with it.:applause:

Also, a good idea would be too use a ziptie to pull the line in a little bit so it won't easily get snagged on something. I did this, and I attached it to the static part of the clutch cable, of course not too tight though, you don't want to pinch off your fuel supply:eek: . (I did this after the picture was taken, so its not in the photo).

Also, a good idea would be too use a ziptie to pull the line in a little bit so it won't easily get snagged on something. I did this, and I attached it to the static part of the clutch cable, of course not too tight though, you don't want to pinch off your fuel supply:eek: . (I did this after the picture was taken, so its not in the photo).

hey thanks a lot i figured it out befor i looked back at my post. the tank really isent any wider then the stock one just bigger i like it

I just bought the 3.1 IMS tank for my 05 WR450. I'm having a problem of using all of the fuel in the tank since it sits below the carb. Have you experienced that problem with the way you have your fuel line ran? I have it going direct from the tank to the carb.

I have the Ty Davis IMS version from ZipTyRacing.com and they have two petcocks. The tank has a tube connecting the two lower sides (that are below the carb) and then another from the main petcock to the carb. This insures that each side will be drained evenly and completely.