START OR JOIN RIDING CLUB? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

wondering how much horsepower is gained all mods done ttr125l 2006

bbr big bore bbr exhaust bbr filter yz carb Its been a very fun project ...

I don't know off the top of my head...the BBR website has Dyno's for the parts they make, I know it has the exhaust and filter...probably the bore kit too.

i have to admit the shop does all the work first time it bogged in 3d gear took back to shop since then runs strong i will check reciepts see if it says the exact changes he did

The heads on these little motors are very restrictive. Rumor has it that they will last with up to about 15 or 16 h.p. and over that the rod will let go. You probably don't want to go to far and push reliability.

Depending on the dyno you use, I'm guesing about 11ish. Mine feels about the the same as my xr120 which dynoed around 11.5 with a knobbie tire.

Depending on the dyno you use, I'm guesing about 11ish. Mine feels about the the same as my xr120 which dynoed around 11.5 with a knobbie tire.

So about the same as a good 50.

So about the same as a good 50.

Yeah, but a lot of those numbers are fudged a bit and to build the ttr takes only about 1/5 the cash as a fiddy or 110.

P Man,

Give a review. Where did you feel the gains the most (low/middle/top) and did you do these mods progressively, or all at once? I'm still really disappointed with the low end on my son's TTR. I've done all the free mods, rejetted, lightened the flywheel and still not happy. I have a larger sprocket I'm going to slap on this weekend. I bought a YZ80 carb on Ebay recently, but am waiting to add the big bore. I just don't want to spend $400 on another mod that will disappoint me. If it's not going to add significant gain, I may just abort and get him something more powerful. I only got this to stick to a 4 stroke (don't want to piss off the neighbors). I see Honda makes a CRF150 now. I'm not a Honda guy, but I may go that route if I can't give this bike some go!

if you already have a yz80 carb and aftermarket pipe then you shouldn't be dissapointed at all with the bore kit. When I first got my bore kit I regreted it but after I added a yz80 carb and a FMF 4.1 pipe I have been VERY impressed with this bike. If you want to do the bore by itself it is not worth the $400, but with a pipe and carb it is well worth it.

Thanks! Good to hear there's hope for this little bike! It's a perfect size...just want to feel some power!

if you lighten the flywheel without the big bore....you get a more responsive engine mid and top but lose alot of low end grunt..thats the trade off........depends on how you like to ride......the bigger bore makes up for the lost of flywheel weight on the low end......the engine has more torque and doesnt need the heavy flywheel to keep it running at low rpms....thats the only way you get the best of both worlds.i would not lighten the flywheel on an 8hp stock bike .....but that just mho

ya i was gonna do two mods on my 06 TTR125L. I was gonna rejt the carb. and get the 52tooth rear sprocket. I was also gonna get the jets for cold weather. I just wanted to know if all these mods would benefit getting the lightened flywheel. Cuz if the light flywheel just increases acceleration, but decreases top speed at high rpms then i don't no if i wanna do it. I want speed, torque, and wheelie acceleration if any of u guys have any suggestions for any mods for me (cheap ones plz, not that much money right now).