Sign in to follow this  

Cajon Pass

What's the skinny? I heard you can get an adventure pass at the gas station for your truck so you can stage by the tracks. Is there anybody on the trails checking bikes for sparkies? and how is the riding? Thought I would take the G/F there. I heard there are marked trails

Joe. Ithink the area your talking about is called Baldy-mesa accross from the 138 exit off the 15 to Victorville. This area is well marked but not much single trak but fun al the same, the area just befor is called Cleghorn and not bad either.

What's the skinny? I heard you can get an adventure pass at the gas station for your truck so you can stage by the tracks. Is there anybody on the trails checking bikes for sparkies? and how is the riding? Thought I would take the G/F there. I heard there are marked trails

Get the pass, make sure you're registered (and riding in the correct season) and the SA is always a must.

I've been checked there more than once. I haven't seen anyone ticketed, but plenty sent home

Yes you can get the adventure pass at the gas station. And yes the spark arrestor is mandatory. If you go there on a weekend it's a pretty good chance you'll see a ranger and he'll check for both of the above. If you want to see what it's like to ride the area look at this post.http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466994

It use to be that if you did not have an adventure pass and were cited, the cost of the ticket was the same as the adventure pass. But now, I think its over a hundred (not quite sure of the amount). On the adventure pass it provides the fee breakdown for citations.

The adventure pass is a huge rip off. The only people that support the adventure pass program are the people collecting the money from it. Even the sierra club is against it. The problem is that they change it every couple years, so its really hard to figure it out. Before when it was a fee demonstration program, you didn't even have to pay the ticket. You weren't actually breaking any law. Now its probably different, but still as much of a rip off.

Holly sh#t! That's one of the best avatars I have ever seen. UH...MMMM....What were we talking about again?

hey JOE whatsup,i know that place pretty well, so if you want to go let me know.i want to ride next weekend but Baldy mesa sucks its too small and there are thousands of Quad tard on the weekkend.There is also way to many rocks.lets go to Twentymule team road it is worth the 1.5hr trip

hey JOE whatsup,i know that place pretty well, so if you want to go let me know.i want to ride next weekend but Baldy mesa sucks its too small and there are thousands of Quad tard on the weekkend.There is also way to many rocks.lets go to Twentymule team road it is worth the 1.5hr trip

Twentymule team road? Sounds like a pretty wide road well traveled. Where might that be my friend? Boron near Edwards? My G/F is picking up an 07 wr250f 2mrow I believe. She rips so no problem there. Just went to Hodge road Sat. with Scott. Way too rocky. The beer at the X was cold though!!!

its about 20 miles pass Kramer Junction off of the 395 .its well woth the trip and guess what if you dont want rocks you dont have to ride in them.i am proably going to my buddys house out in Phealand so if you go to Baldy Mesa i will ride there and visit.Let me know if you go .I will be riding on sunday

Yes, extortion passes, sparkies, and registration is all required. When I was there, the ranger was trying to put his rod down my pipe as I was pulling to a stop! Before I could even put the truck in park, he was looking for my extortion pass. Since I didn't have one, he told me to go get one. I unloaded my bike from the motojackrack, and hit that road at 80mph (no one was around). That was the most fun I had that day. The riding mostly sucks and is very dangerous with all the china bikes. (Yeah, yeah, I know motorcycles may cross the main road.)

I unloaded my bike from the motojackrack, and hit that road at 80mph (no one was around). That was the most fun I had that day. The riding mostly sucks and is very dangerous with all the china bikes. (Yeah, yeah, I know motorcycles may cross the main road.)

Well if you think the riding there mostly sucks you just don't know where to head to. I could take you on a ride there that would have you grinning from ear to ear. Look at the link that I mentioned earlier in this post and tell me that you still think there's nothing worth riding there.