Jetting question for those of you with pipes...

Okay, so I just bought a wWhite Bros. Carbon Pro II and I will be installing it soon. I was wondering if there are generally jetting requirements when you install a pipe.....my bike seems somewhat rich stock so it will be interesting. can anyone share there experiences or recommendations?

:applause:

from what I have read, you may have to go up a size or 2 on the main jet, so I would install the pipe and then warm up the motor, then if you have to go more than 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw to make it run perfect, you need a larger main jet.

I think that the White Bros should have their own jetting specs on their website...

Yeah, I had a typo, don't know to much when it comes to jetting...

heheh..thanks...yeah the pilot is a bit less critical. As rich as my bike is stock, I doubt I will have to go up but won't know until I install it. I was just curious what others have done....

i have the WB duals on my 06 and run a 175mj... but thats for the colder weather coming too.... ill probly go back to the 172 in the summer

:applause: Weathermans got it. You usually don't have to go that far off from stock. Maybe one up on the main but when it gets hot your right back again. Just adjust that fuel screw.

Thanks guys....you confirmed my suspicions. I got the pipe yesterday and the instructions said they recommend stock jetting (as a starting point of course). My guess is that part of the HP you pick up with a pipe is the fact that is leaning out the stock A/F ratio some....colder weather would probably mean a larger main like you said.

Thanks for the info and I will report when I install it and actually get to ride (if ever, in the chicago area,lol)!