Sign in to follow this  

research paper... topics?

ok for my college english class we have to have a topic by this wednesday ( 2/28 ) and it can be about anything, but it has to be a specific topic nothing too broad. obviously i want to write about motocross because i know its something i will look foward to writing.

The dilemna:prof: : i was thinking about writing on motocross and how it stands as a sport, but theres not much hard evidence on this ( i need alot of cites for my essay ) maybe i could do motocross and the physical challenges of it?

What other ideas ( motocross related obviously ) could you come up with that could make writing this paper easy and interesting?? it has to be 1500 words min. PLEASE HELP! :applause:

I actually did two major papers in my English class last semester involving motocross. The first was on the use of advertisement to sell motorcycles (I basically broke a kawi add into components and explained how it would sell motorcycles). The next was a debate type paper over whether or not the AMA should remove the displacement advantage given to four-strokes. I did well on both papers, and they were collectively 2/3's of my grade in the class.

If your interested in the second topic for your paper (I realize its not as recent now as it was when I wrote the paper, just days after it was announced), but I enterviewed someone at the AMA on the subject and got their point of view on it. Let me know if want/need the interview.

Also do you need "Scholarly sources"? I had tons of trouble finding them and eventually got the professor to agree with me that an article from popular mechanics on Doug Henry winning on a four-stroke as scholarly of an article I was going to find. There was lots on 4-stroke vrs 2-stroke, but it was all in use for ships, boats etc.

Also, if you do something along those lines, take your time to explain everything in terms the prof will understand. My professor was the greenie/feminist type and I figured she would give me a C just for the subject of my papers. At the end of the semester she said she learned alot about motocross from my papers and actually said she liked them (despite that we are killing the environment and destroying the world).

1. The positive and negative effects of motocross shifting to 4 stroke motorcycles. You should find tons technical info on emissions reduction, noise pollution, weight changes, traction, expense etc. If you need to have an opinion paper - then you could throw that in to.

2. The expense of amateur motocross racing

3. Injuries related to motocross racing and what is being done to prevent them. I am thinking you could feature the new neck brace that some pros are were

There are many more

I have done many papers involving motocross---I would say to either write about certain riders over our sports history, or certain events, there should be quite a bit of info. on anything involving mx.

You could do a paper on the socioeconomic partitioning of recreational off highway motorcycle riding. Basically, how the sport is enjoyed in a nonuniform distribution of income classes and give your thoughts as to why this is.

You could do a paper on the socioeconomic partitioning of recreational off highway motorcycle riding. Basically, how the sport is enjoyed in a nonuniform distribution of income classes and give your thoughts as to why this is.

:applause: