Sign in to follow this  

How to remove Graffics intact

I am taking the graffics off my bike to put new ones on and Some come off with hot water running underneath but some are separating from the glue and the graffics come off but the glue is still on. Any suggestions on how to get the glue off?

I am taking the graffics off my bike to put new ones on and Some come off with hot water running underneath but some are separating from the glue and the graffics come off but the glue is still on. Any suggestions on how to get the glue off?

If you use a hair dryer to heat the glue up, they should come off pretty easy, if there is any glue residue leftover, gas or goof off should do it. Make sure before you put the new graphics on, you clean the plastic with alcohol and use a scouring pad to scuff the area for better adhesion...

i just peel a little bit up then grab and yank extremely fast, never had a problem.

I use Hardline's Sticker Off. It works well to get all the residual glue off of the plastic. They also have a product called Sticker On that gets the plastic ready for a new sticker.

Here is a link to the Tucker Rocky catalogue. You can get it through the TT store http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_ATV_2006/default.asp?p=630

Cheers :applause:

If you use a hair dryer to heat the glue up, they should come off pretty easy, if there is any glue residue leftover, gas or goof off should do it. Make sure before you put the new graphics on, you clean the plastic with alcohol and use a scouring pad to scuff the area for better adhesion...

yup this is the way to go ...have some one hold it towards, wat ever plastic its on, i rubb off the extra glue....

yup this is the way to go ...have some one hold it towards, wat ever plastic its on, i rubb off the extra glue....

goo off works real well

acetone, it works great when i take the old badges off of the cement trucks i work on, its just melts the adhesive

DON'T use gasoline! Sheesh. Today's gas is a very nasty and toxic brew that's been linked to cancer more ways than you can count. You don't want any on your skin, period.