Sign in to follow this  

What's up with the fake energy drink 'sip'?

Ok, what's up with the energy drink 'fake sip' all the riders do during an interview?

It is quite obvious that the can or bottle is empty. They, the riders, even pretend to wipe the drink from their lips after the contracted, three count, label out, 'fake sip'. They flail the can or bottle around and nothing spills out.

I know it is a sponser's product and needs 'air-time', but if the riders are not really drinking the crap, why would I buy it.

At least with the gear, performance and equipment sponsers, you can see that the riders actually use the product(s).

Come on, snap the cap or crack the bottle open and drink the stuff.

Because they get paid big bucks for that fake drink and sip move.....

Hahaha, ya I can understand it's for sponsorship reasons, but damn it's so cheesy.

Because the energy drinks will do nothing good for them. It's easy money.

Is life really that boring in Libya?

Dont you have nothing else to do than posting this threads?

Is life really that boring in Libya?

Dont you have nothing else to do than posting this threads?

I could ask you the same thing. Except I will use proper english.

Don't you have anything else to do other than reading these threads?:applause:

If I was getting paid what they are, I'd lick the side of the friggin can and even moan a little in the process.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of the articles in one of the mags say It costs 10k to put your sticker on his helmet during a SX or outdoor race?

Ok, what's up with the energy drink 'fake sip' all the riders do during an interview?

It is quite obvious that the can or bottle is empty. They, the riders, even pretend to wipe the drink from their lips after the contracted, three count, label out, 'fake sip'. They flail the can or bottle around and nothing spills out.

I know it is a sponser's product and needs 'air-time', but if the riders are not really drinking the crap, why would I buy it.

At least with the gear, performance and equipment sponsers, you can see that the riders actually use the product(s).

Have you ever tasted them? I dunno if 10 grand is worth it yuck

Pick up a can of the "green" monster drink that is so popular and give it a shot.....that is some nasty crap man........

The top racers would never pullute themselves with that stuff. They have no problems taking the sponsorship $$ though. Last year the company I worked for was trying to get JS to run our logo on his jersey and helmet, cost started at $600k.

Have you ever tasted them? I dunno if 10 grand is worth it yuck

10 grand. Haa! Ask Bubba how he likes the Bently Red Bull gave him.

I agree the fake sip is pretty weak. But that is marketing. The country was built on buying things that we dont need and are bad for us.

Take a look at any car commercial. My favorite is the toyota forerunner commercial, where five guys are looking for a place to kayak. They drive around looking for a safe place to kayak. There are no kayaks on the forerunner. This was not an oversight, they just decided that the couch potatoes would not call them on it. :applause:

We are sheep, in their opinion.

You can't blame the riders. More power to them. Riders are disposable, unfortunately. I hope they make as much $$$$ as they can in their short careers.

Pop on your sponsors hat, googles, get out your drink, thank your sponsors. It is a business and the smart riders understand that. Any race could be their last one so they maximize $$. After racing for many their earning potential is minimal. Most NBA, NFL, MLB players have a college degree to fall back on. Personally I don't like the AMA rule allowing a 16 year old kid to be a pro. A high school dropout in a high injury sport is a risky future.

They're not always empty. A couple years ago durring the interview, Bubba tipped back his Reb Bull to take a sip and on the bottom of the can it was clearly labeled H20. I bet Red Bull loved that on national TV. :applause:

Along the lines of energy drinks, what has happend with the whole Monster energy kawasakis and James stewarts sponsor Red bull, talk about worse than Hondas running the Toyota motocross stickers! LOL

...or the goggles with the huge decal across the lens. It reminds me of the fig newtons ad across Will Ferrells windshield in Talladega Nights.

We are all guilty.

How many of us have a FOX hat or t-shirt that we paid for. What about A-stars, no fear, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki or Kawasaki swag. We actually pay big money to advertise their company. Now that is brilliant.

$24 for Fox truck Decal

$20 for Fox Hat

$26 for cool Fox T-short

=consumers paying you to advertise your product. Priceless.

It is hard to goof on the riders who get paid to promote something, when we pay to promote a company.

LOL

I love this post. I've been involved in roadracing for seven years and the rule of thumb has always been............if they didn't give you anything, any discount, or offer a performance contingency............I don't care how cool there sticker is.............it doesn't go on the bike.

At tech they have piles of sponsor stickers they give away so you can get contingency money............at the local dealers............they charge you $5/EA so you can look cool on your street bike.

Priceless..................I agree.