i need help on which hot cams to order?

I did do a search,but i think i am confused even more on which hot cams i should order.i have a 06 sm with a e base gasket,3x3,fcr 39 and yosh ti pipe,can anyone steer me in the right direction,maybe part #'s?also should i run a different ignition?any feedback would be appreciated as always.

I think there's only one set of Hot Cams for the DRZ now. On the HotCams website, they are referred to as Stage 1 cams. Only the Stage 1 are being sold.

http://www.hotcamsinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cProducts.list&brandid=9&modelid=262&modelyear=&enter.x=22&enter.y=11

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=580&s=2

i thought stage 2 cams were not available from hc anymore.

what are you looking for? intake? exhaust? or both??

myself, i wouldn't bother with a stage 1 intake. supposedly not much of an improvement over an e model intake cam..

as far as ignition, stock will do. otherwise, not many choices available.

thats just it i am not sure what i am looking for?im not sure if i should order just one or both,i was looking for a little feedback because some have installed one and some have done both,i assume where it is a sm i should order both but just wanna make sure,also i am not sure if i should order a shim kit as well.

i put the stg 2 in and stg 1 ex in my sm and there was an improvement.its best to get the cams that will give the best hp increase because it sounds like after you've done the cams the next little bit of therapy for moditis you'll need will be a bigbore and you'll want the better cams for that.

E cams (IN and EX), Hotcams (Stage 1 IN and EX), or Hotcams (Stage 1 or 2) IN and E cam EX -- any of these combos will give you a nice boost.

Basically, anything other than the stock S/SM cams.

I'm running Hotcam Stage 2 IN and E cam EX. Engine is much more responsive and revs up much faster. And that's with the S base gasket. I think you'll be happy with any of the available combos.

thats just it i am not sure what i am looking for?im not sure if i should order just one or both,i was looking for a little feedback because some have installed one and some have done both,i assume where it is a sm i should order both but just wanna make sure,also i am not sure if i should order a shim kit as well.

the combo harry is running works well, & will let you keep the auto decompression. i use that combo on my s model for off road riding.

i'm using hotcams stage 2 in & out on my sm set-up, with e base gasket.

that works good too. no auto decompression on the hc stage 2 ex.cam, but i really haven't had any starting problems either.

hotcams stage 2 cams are no longer in production. so, you would have to find old stock or buy used.

I appreciate all the feedback and info guys,now that i learned they only sell one stage of cams,that makes it a little more simple,does any one no if the one they sell now is set up with the auto decompression ?i am looking to add a kicker and wanna make sure i won't run into any other issues.again thanks alot guys.

I appreciate all the feedback and info guys,now that i learned they only sell one stage of cams,that makes it a little more simple,does any one no if the one they sell now is set up with the auto decompression ?i am looking to add a kicker and wanna make sure i won't run into any other issues.again thanks alot guys.

yes, stage 2 exhaust cam has the auto decompression device.