Sign in to follow this  

CDI box

The faster the motor spins the more likely some thing will go wrong. The stock valve springs can barely hold on as is. But they do work good. No pipe needed but I hear MDR I think it is is good.:applause:

Are you using 90 - 95% of your existing power with the bike stock ? If not, then invest your money into suspension setup. Rev Boxes might increase power at the expense of shorter engine life !

Thanks for the input. I already have suspension. Probably don't use all the power I have now. My starts are just weak. I need all the help I can get. Class 40+

alot of guys use the 250 cdi box. it makes about the same power but it mellows out the mid-range hit, it will rev out a little further, and does not spin as much. which equals faster lap times for most

I use the 250 CDI on mine and I like it. Did great things for my 2004 CRF. Not sure a 2005 or better would benefit as much though.

ben

Thanks for the input. I already have suspension. Probably don't use all the power I have now. My starts are just weak. I need all the help I can get. Class 40+

Have you tried a holeshot device on your forks ? They really help, along with the correct tire that has "decent" hookup on cement starting pads, if that's what you have a hard time with.....On concrete starts, I usually take off in 3rd and my 03 model loses little or nothing to any bikes into Turn 1...On dirt starts, I use second and hit 3rd as soon as I'm past the gate...Starts require a lot of practice and consistency.

quick starts are all about reflexes and skill (position on bike makes a lot of difference and also gearing, tires) More then once i've seen guys on 250's take the holeshot in open (high level) classes.

Practice (in competition) more before spending your money with little result.

When your bike is in good condition you will need all you got to keep it straight and down to the first turn. Good luck