Sign in to follow this  

K&n OFF ROAD FILTERS

K&N's are good for vehicles. On dirtbikes they are proven to pass dirt right into your motor. I'd stay away from them.

K&N murdered three of our expensive dirt track sprint car motors. That was years ago. Still their propaganda lives on, duping unsuspecting flatbillers into running them in non-dragstrip cars.

i ride in conditions that are usually muddy but not dusty and i loved it, but, they are not good for dusty conditions, they will pass dust easily. i use it only in the winter and spring when it is muddy not dusty, because there is a power difference and they are so easy to clean and oil, but it is not worth it because of the risk of damage to your engine.

I love these filters. They make more power and are easy to clean. I have used them in all of my bikes since 1993 and have had no problems.

I would still stay away from them, lots of people have experienced or know of someone that the K&N's have passed dirt through and ruined their expen$ive motors.

From what i hear they are a two piece filter and when you ride hard or take a hard impact the two parts can come apart. I havent heard that they pass dirt tho i was only told that they work good and give some good performance when the stay intact. This isnt first hand experience but it is from a reputable source. Hope this helps.

I love mine,you only have to clean it about once a year depending on the condition.and ive never had a problem with it passing dirt.

K&N's are good for vehicles. On dirtbikes they are proven to pass dirt right into your motor. I'd stay away from them.

Actually, they pass dirt into any engine.

They're the very last thing I'd use on a dirtbike.

I love mine,you only have to clean it about once a year depending on the condition.and ive never had a problem with it passing dirt.

i think you only have to clean it that much cuz the dirt goes straight to your engine. and i havent been to utah but im pretty sure it gets dusty in the summer

I have a '94 XR 600 with several thousand miles of Utah, Nevada, Colorado and Idaho trails on it, not even counting the miles of California dirt its been through. Never a problem and still runs a lot stronger than any other XR 600 I've ridden. I put a K&N filter on it when it was new, and it's really the only filter its ever been ridden with.

They're on all my Hondas. Never had a problem with any of them.

I've been using one for +2 years on my YZ450, I was spectacle also. I rode one weekend remove the sub-frame and Air box assembly looked up the intake boot no dirt or dust. Move up to two-weekends, same thing no dirt. Now I ride a whole month and then clean the filter per directions. Try one for yourself, but before you start, take notice on how much dirt passes through your foam filter, do a base line. Then clean your airbox and intake boot well and the follow instructions. Go out for a weekend, and then check it.