Sign in to follow this  

valve seat cutting tool?

u need a centering tool, 30,45,60 degree cutters, and the T handle, and the little screwdriver for adjusting the bits... i dont know the part # for the cutters themself but u can call or email neway and find out... last time i heard the cost for the kit it was around $260-350 and u need to keep replacement carbide cutters, u should be a able to cut the 450/250's on the same cutters but ask first...theres another website that carries the kit to and im trying to remember

I like doing things myself, but unless you are doing some of the tool and skill intensive jobs commercially, why not outsource to the pros? MXTime will cut seats AND install your valves for $65 (including return shipping). US Chrome will bore/hone a cylinder for $60. The quality and prices from such pros are excellent so why buy the tools and take the time to do yourself. Just my opinion.

If you go with Mx Time, ask them if they can swap out those hard seats under those TI intake valves. wile youre in there and have the cash put a set of TI valves and soft seats in the exhaust holes too, well now we should get the new guides, "stock" springs, TI retainers and keepers, throw in a piston kit and now your good to go...

I was going to buy a set of neway cutters for my 250f but at a $700 price tag for the set I just couldn't justify it.

Just so you guys know, neway cutter sets were the best thing ever for small engine builders, there not a novis tech too,l you NEED some time to get good with them...

That said, your thumper r is a race driven F1 inspired piece of art, do all you can yourself but leave machine work to the machine shop cutting the seats are the key to valve reliability

for whats it is worth, I would just send out the head and get it done by someone who knows exacally what they are doing, most valve cutting machines are now all computerized for a perfect cut... And while they are doing that, they can port the head for you also, it will be alot cheaper. I've seen ads in Dirtbike magazines and some companies will clean your head and cut the seats for around $50 (dont know the exact price)