San Felipe Race is Being Moved!!!

Check out SCORE's webpage. What the heck happened???????:applause:

Specifically;

URGENT NOTICE!!!

SAN FELIPE RACE IS BEING MOVED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAN FELIPE RACE IS BEING MOVED TO A DIFFERENT BAJA VENUE

February 26, 2007

Due to irreconcilable differences between the City of San Felipe and one of the San Felipe Ejido land groups, the race is being moved to a different venue in Baja. SCORE deeply regrets any inconvenience this may cause, however, this situation has absolutely nothing to due with the past or present conduct of SCORE

Now that the race is little closer i might go down and check out the action. my parents have a house little before Ensenada right above La Salina.

really???

I'm actually excited about the change, better spectating if you are willing to work for it, no san felipe fustercluck leaving!

i'll be out between ojos and 3hermanos.

nos vemos en baja durka durka

mike

really???

I'm actually excited about the change, better spectating if you are willing to work for it, no san felipe fustercluck leaving!

i'll be out between ojos and 3hermanos.

nos vemos en baja durka durka

mike

Hey MC... let's just hit Felipe and it's bare beaches!!!

I might just do that. Keep my reservations, and remain in town for the 4days I planned on being there. Go ride the old SF250 course for some fun... and enjoy no lines, no waiting for beers, and no closed main road.... Can't beat that!

:applause:

Start in ENS-ojos-3 hermanos-km77-jamau-valleT-Coast-Sto Tomas FINISH!! Book hotel rooms in Ensenada, FAST, it's filling up!!!
I'd say Koko is correct on the route.

And IMO this would be the BEST Baja event for a rookie racer. You know, there are SO many people out there/on here asking about racing Baja who assume Felipe would be best, I guess just cuz it's shortest. Usually those people are told to forget Felipe, do something else. But this one would be really good - not Felipe rough, typical type Baja racing, varying terrain, and the Ensenada circus. And slower guys shouldn't even get caught by TT's if they keep the 3hr gap. I think it will be GREAT.

Booked 5 rooms early this morning... and I might take 5 of Cosmos rooms he booked for less $. Thanks Cosmo!

I'd say Koko is correct on the route.

And IMO this would be the BEST Baja event for a rookie racer. You know, there are SO many people out there/on here asking about racing Baja who assume Felipe would be best, I guess just cuz it's shortest. Usually those people are told to forget Felipe, do something else. But this one would be really good - not Felipe rough, typical type Baja racing, varying terrain, and the Ensenada circus. And slower guys shouldn't even get caught by TT's if they keep the 3hr gap. I think it will be GREAT.

Booked 5 rooms early this morning... and I might take 5 of Cosmos rooms he booked for less $. Thanks Cosmo!

I did the math on my GPS route... it's pretty close give or take some changes here or there. With it being good for newbies like Tim mentions... I'm sure there'll be some good reasons to ironman this (an easier 220 miles than 200 SF miles) and/or lesson the amount of riders.

Either way... cost will go up due to loss of deposits, but that's the least of many racers worries I'm thinking.

This is one that could be renamed. The San Felipe that wasn't. Bummer.

i dont know if i am still going to sanfelipe on not .was going to leave on march 2nd for a week of riding + prerun course and watch race.might still go down there just because i need a vacation and it will be quiet there.couldnt find any body to go with me.so if some body wants to ride for a week send email to randy3116@sbcglobal.net.or find white ford van in a beach rv spot at club depesca..

This is one that could be renamed. The San Felipe that wasn't. Bummer.

What a JOKE. SCORE is a big chunk of San Felipe's income for the year, especially for the 250. There will be people starving because of this change. San Felipe will lose millions of dollars out of this.

I'm glad I/We wasted last weekend prerunning 120 miles of whoops for next to no reason.

I suspect that the local government in SF is getting complacent on the realestate/tourism money they've been making and now they don't think they need the racing to keep their township alive...

Sat.

Start at 6:00am, fast bikes done before 10:30am.

Trucks start at 9:30.

Should be a good battle between 2x Blaise/Pearson and 1x Bell/Norman. I'm not so sure that Childress/Grider 16x can make up the start/dust differential to pull out a win with such a short race, but we've seen Childress do it before...

Should be fun to watch.

My two teams are looking forward to the change. Lost our non refundable house deposit in SF, but can gear back to up to 15/44 and haul butt here. Will do better stats wise on this course in classes 21 and 30. SF is always whooped and sandy/rocky. This might become a premier race venue for future years like the Baja 300 and Ensenada 250 were back in the 70/80s. Score could use a 4th Baja race in years to come.

See you in contingency Friday.:applause:

What a JOKE. SCORE is a big chunk of San Felipe's income for the year, especially for the 250. There will be people starving because of this change. San Felipe will lose millions of dollars out of this.

I was thinking the same thing. Some power tripping ejido official just lost millions of revenue for the town.

On another note:

Tim and Jack now have a real advantage with their dust free up front starting position....