Sign in to follow this  

uk 400SM yoshi balls up

well got my rs3 system from jcmotors sweet pipe went to fit it tonight :lol::applause::cry:

frikin thing would not line up but managed to get it on in the end but fired her up and the bloody thing has clearance issues on the header pipe and is not sealing onto the head very well.

result was air seeping in and thus glowing the header so shut the bike off and decided to get the local tunners to pick it up and sort it lol and while it there sort a dynojet kit out for it. as tonight i lost my rag and dont want to see the darn thing till its right.:applause:

moral of the story for me is stick to working on pit bikes and leave the big bikes for the proper guys lol

has anyone else had issues when fitting a rs3 system to there drz400sm (uk) model ?

cheers

john

I think everyone here has had "issues" with installing the r3. You need to finesse the f'n thing together. I read somewhere that yosh has adjusted their manufacuturing tolerances so the midpipe fits "easier" to the head pipe.

well got my rs3 system from jcmotors sweet pipe went to fit it tonight :cry::applause::cry:

frikin thing would not line up but managed to get it on in the end but fired her up and the bloody thing has clearance issues on the header pipe and is not sealing onto the head very well.

result was air seeping in and thus glowing the header so shut the bike off and decided to get the local tunners to pick it up and sort it lol and while it there sort a dynojet kit out for it. as tonight i lost my rag and dont want to see the darn thing till its right.:applause:

moral of the story for me is stick to working on pit bikes and leave the big bikes for the proper guys lol

has anyone else had issues when fitting a rs3 system to there drz400sm (uk) model ?

cheers

john

Oh Great, mine arrives in the next few days. Must hide the large hammer before it does then!!!:lol:

I got the TRC exhaust and that really was a sod to get the link pipe in,but once in the whole thing does look and sound great......

Think you will find it a lot easier if you remove or re-site a little lower, the PAIR (AIR SUPPLY) valve just under the exhaust header were it goes into the head. The header was designed for US spec. DRZ's and they are not fitted with this system. you may have to engineer a little clearance at the rear shock too by spacing out the rear sub frame with washers or putting a flat spot in the pipe were it passes the rear spring. Have fun :applause::applause:

well got my rs3 system from jcmotors sweet pipe went to fit it tonight :cry::applause::cry:

cheers

john

John ya tit! Y adunno how to work on pit bikes either! :lol:

HAHAHA!

PHOTO's PLEASE! :eek:

the bloody thing has clearance issues on the header pipe and is not sealing onto the head very well.

had the same problem with my trs, solved it by fabricating a spacer for the header

attachment.php?attachmentid=2278&d=1170354629

well thanks for the info guys got her booked in at a local tuning company that specilise in just bikes so there going to sort it and dynojet her and do some mild head work there also backing it up with several dyno runs so i hope to post up the pics and printouts touch wood it all goes ok should have the bike back next week.

do some mild head work

Be very careful, the DRZ head is pretty good as is, finding gains is much harder than many people think.

It is far easier to screw it up, than it is to get a power gain.

Do a search on this forum, and you will find that the only person with a good rep for DRZ head work is RHC, in the US.

It is best left alone, Unless the person doing it, has extensive experience in working on DRZ heads.

Neil. :applause: :applause: :lol: