Sign in to follow this  

ASV Levers

Not sure were to pu this but here it goes....

Ok I have been using a set of C5 ASV levers for a while now and I really like the whole 'not breaking' feature. However I hate how the clutch lever is so sloppy. The lever literally moves up and down a good 1 inch at the end of the lever. Do all ASV clutch lever systems have that much slop? Also is their anyway to fix it? The break lever is nice and tight and has very little play but for some reason my clutch lever is super sloppy mabey there just made that way???????

No, I have very little play in my C5 clutch lever. Maybe take a pair of non-toothed pliers and crimp the pivot point so its a little tighter or use a washer to take up the extra room.

Matt

OK this leads me to a next question and I know I should just call the company and ask but it's late.

Can I return the levers even though they aren't broke?????

Like my case were their is something else wrong.

The warranty is for breakage only.......IDK

i have Sunline ARC levers.. they aren't warrientied like the ASV ones but mine havent broke yet. They have the same concept as the ASV levers and bend backwards to your front number plate.

I use the exact same levers, they function just like the ASV, are very comfortable on the fingers, and are WAY cheaper.

Did you check if they are full tight? If everything is tight and it's still doing it, I'd at least try calling ASV

Give them a call. WHile at Hangtown last year, some guy walked up to the ASV booth and showed the representative his lever and they exchanged it right there

The reason you have so much play, is because of how it is adjusted. Mess with the auto adjuster, but make sure you feel comfortable with the settings. And by the way, I bought c3 levers, and they bent.

I had talked with Tommy D. at the ASV Inventions booth during the Houston supercross a couple weeks ago. Asked him the same question about excess free play. He said they don't make the perches and are aware of the free play. Suggested shimming with thin copper washers.

He did say they will be making their own perches that have no play and will be available in a couple weeks. Has a set on his bike that they have been testing and sounded like he really liked them.

On a side note...also mentioned they will be offering a new clutch cable that uses 3 wheels in the design to reduce friction where cable bends. Supposed to reduce clutch pull in half.

Both products should be out on their website very soon, so he said.

if they dont take em back since they arent broken, you never know, they might magically get "broken" not by you of course,:applause:

What I have done to fix the sloppy issues is take a med. size c clamp. and press, very easy and not torquing the sh*t out them, over were the mount bolt threads in. You will have to remove the lever from the perch before doing this. If you press and little bit and back it off a few times, it tightens up the gap up where the lever sits. this fixed my issues for a while. Keep in mind the perch is alluminum and it will snap if you do torque down too much.

What I have done to fix the sloppy issues is take a med. size c clamp. and press, very easy and not torquing the sh*t out them, over were the mount bolt threads in. You will have to remove the lever from the perch before doing this. If you press and little bit and back it off a few times, it tightens up the gap up where the lever sits. this fixed my issues for a while. Keep in mind the perch is alluminum and it will snap if you do torque down too much.

HOLY :applause:, i never thought of this, will this work on a stock perch, mine has some play, but i figured i would deal with it untill i got asvs.-

HOLY :applause:, i never thought of this, will this work on a stock perch, mine has some play, but i figured i would deal with it untill i got asvs.-

Why wouldn't it work for a stock perch, Just keep in mind if it's alluminum it will not flex or be as forgiving as steal. I've done this on all of my perches because I hate sloppy levers. It drives me nuts!

if they dont take em back since they arent broken, you never know, they might magically get "broken" not by you of course,:applause:

I always thought about about 'crashing' my bike. :applause:

Why wouldn't it work for a stock perch, Just keep in mind if it's alluminum it will not flex or be as forgiving as steal. I've done this on all of my perches because I hate sloppy levers. It drives me nuts!

I'll give this a shot first, makes a sense. Its not like theirs alot of play between the lever and the perch, I just hope I don't snap it in two, that would be one gnarly 'crash'.

Looking away from the fact that I bent my asvs---3 year ones---I have my clutch set at a very certain point of where I like it; to make it so this works, I put a washer in between the clamp and the lever. It ended up working great, but it is pretty shitty that even the avs clamp doesn't fit the lever unless you throw in some rnr

My C5's don't have any slop in them. they took away all the slop that the stock levers had. They actually improved the feel the the clutch and brakes.