Sign in to follow this  

250f

i know its a stupid question but would a 250f over power a 15 year old boy im about 5"8 and 8 n a half stone

That is a very vag question. So my answer it YES!

How many years have you been riding?

Where do you ride?

What race class are you in?

What bike do you currently ride?

i have been riding for about 1 and a half years

i ride at local motocross practice tracks

i do not race

i have a ktm sx 125

i have been riding for about 1 and a half years

i ride at local motocross practice tracks

i do not race

i have a ktm sx 125

If you can ride a sx125 without any problems you will do even better on a 250F. More power that is smoother and easier to control. Just remember to stay on the throttle all the way off the jump.

honestly i dont think so well not for me at least i rode a couple of 250f and its not too much power but i liked it im getting one soon:thumbsup:

well..if u can handle a 125cc 2 stroke, and u feel u have enough experience...then go with a 250f...it has a smoother power band, unlike a snappy one, like 2 strokes....i'm not sure if it applies to anyone else, but riding a 250f, is alot easier than a 125 2 stroke...and if ur asking if it can over power u, ask ur self if ur 125 overpowers u ...both bikes probably have similiar power output...but the 250f has more usuable power through midrange...

14lbs in a stone, so you weight about 120lbs. The suspension will be a bit stiff for you.

The suspension on a sx125 would be stiff as well.

If it is was maintained well, there should not be a problem, but it is always best to buy new. That way you know how it was maintained.

Remember a 2 year old race bike will need new valves, springs and a piston. A $500 bill easy. If work has been done to the bike get receipts/workorders. Go ask the shop that did the work about the bike. I don't know how many times a bike seller has told me, "Yeah I just rebuilt the whole engine" and when you ask for receipts/workorders they just give you a blank stare. :applause:

lol, i'm 15... but i way a buck 90 so my lard ass needs a lil bit more power on my 06 yz250f but it's all good. if you can get fast on the 125 first then switch to the 250f you'll go considerably faster within weeks. just because the 250f is so much easier to ride.

when i was 15...i was riding a 2003 KX 250 and I weight 120Lbs...It was a little bit powerfull for me so i trade it for a 2004 YZ 250F and its perfect to me! Much easier to ride than a 2-strokes!