Sign in to follow this  

2005 Crf 250x Jetting ?'s

What is the stock jetting for a 2005 crf 250x? I am going to work on a friends bike, he took it to the dealer to have the jetting tuned up and now the bike will only run with the choke on. Any suggestions? Stock main jet, pilot jet, mixture screw how many turns out, leak jet, and needle jet position. Thank you

The bike is completly stock. My guess he will probably be riding at about 2000 to 4000 ft. It's a neighbors bike and I will be try to get it running properly. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

One other question, please bare with me I am used to only working on my 06 yz250f, whats the easiest way to access the carb? ( twisting, removing? ) Thanks and sorry for the dumb question.

It was a clogged pilot jet. I changed the stock #40 to a #42 and set the fuel screw at turns out. Is changing the pilot jet to a #42 ok even though the rest of the bike is stock?

What the friend / neighbor didn't tell me until now was his wife had gotten mad at him several months ago and poured 1/2 cup of sugar in his gas tank. He immediately took the bike to the shop and had the gas tank cleaned / flushed. The shop didn't do a good job. There was sugar in the tank, petcock, fuel line, and fuel filter.