Sign in to follow this  

parts needed for bottom-end rebuild

I blew my 04 rm85 and put in a new cylinder and piston but the crank was making some wierd noises so instead of selling it I'm gonna rebuild it.I have torque wrenches and all types of tools,but what tools do I need to split the cases and remove the crank.Also I need a complete parts list so I can order them. I know a crank and gaskets but does the crank come wit bearings please help

im doin a bottom end rebuild also. you will need a new complete crank or you could rebuild it with a connecting rod kit which hot rods probably makes. i would send it in to www.lukesracing.com cheapest i have found for crank rebuilds 50 bux and free return shipping. also need bottom end main bearings, complete gasket kit, and complete oil seal kit(well this is optional but if your gonna dig in that far i would just replace them for the 30 bux.) as for tools case splitter, hydrolic press to put in main bearings, flywheel puller, and whatever other problems occur that you need a special tool for lol.....im having the dealer do most of mine i just took the motor out of the frame and removed the flywheel, stator, entire cluth assembly and shift mechanisms. im having the dealer press the new bearings in with a hydrolic press and install and reassemble the cases.