Sign in to follow this  

2005 CRF 250X only runs with choke on!

2005 crf 250x only runs with choke on. I checked the plug, seems ok, turned the idle up. Any suggestions on where to start? I am trying to find out what the stock jetting is. It's a friends bike and he took it to the dealer to get it dialed in and now it only runs with the choke on, even after warm. Thanks

Sounds like we're having the same problem. I don't know how similar these carbs are, but I'll watch your thread, you watch mine.... "Should I tackle XR400 carb myself."

drk

Sounds like an air leak. Check to make sure your air/fuel screw is still in there. Alot of times those little suckers fall out. If thats not it, then you might want to check your air boot(the connection between the carb and airbox) and make sure it's properly attached, if you took it off then it might be bound up somwere you can't see. If you didn't take it off then make sure the hose clamp is tight.

The most common problem is the air/fuel screw.

:applause: :applause:

One last thing I almost forgot. Check the hot start, if it's stuck open it's also allowing air to come in.

If the bike sat for a while and started having these symptoms, I would suspect a plugged pilot jet.

The pilot jet was clogged. I havent started the bike but I'm pretty sure that was the problem. Thanks for the info.