Sign in to follow this  

Rack For Drz

WHERE CAN YOU GET A REAR RACK FOR A DRZ 400S IN THE UK ?

PLEASE HELP.........:applause:

I'm sure any of the three rack makers mentioned below would be happy to ship to the UK. I have 2 of the three for different applications. I have the "Tonn's Racing" Panaman rack for light duty, daily, back and forth to work use. I have attached to it a mediium sized GIVI topcase with excellent results. For longer trips I'm using the larger "Cycleracks" unit. It has a stonger set of attachmemts points and extends well beyond the turn signal lamps and exhaust cannister for added protection. The third unit is made by ProMoto Billet. It is a very "sano" installation. I've done business with all three companies and find them to be very helpful. Shipping charges to the UK will natually add to the cost but two of these web sites mention "overseas" shipping. I think all three make great products.

www.Promotobillet.com

www.cycleracks.com

www.tonnsracing.com

Good Luck

i didn't like the look or price of anything i could find so i built my own yesterday

i didn't like the look or price of anything i could find so i built my own yesterday

Do you have any pics? I'm thinking of making one for my bike.

I've made 2 so far. I use prototype1 with great success so far. #2 is spoken for and almost ready to ship. #3 hasn't made it to the cutting bench yet but will be larger with more grab area. I also plan to use more than 1 for different purposes. Materials are 3/8 cold rolled rod, 1/2 heavy wall tube for the front mount and 1/8 plate for the bag and fender mounts. Mig, torch, vice, anvil and draft beer and off you go. The biggest problem I have found so far with most of these bits is the shipping cost is more that the parts are worth so if you can build yourself you're miles ahead. Here are some pics, I will be happy to answer questions.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hvacdrcool/DRZRack/photo?authkey=eDFqSWNtgbM#5038629909606980002

http://picasaweb.google.com/hvacdrcool/DRZRack/photo?authkey=eDFqSWNtgbM#5040419309860161554

[