Sign in to follow this  

vavle question

i was going to buy the kibblewhite valves and springs and then i was wondering of i really need the vavles. does the problem lie just in the springs tightening up or will i need to replace the valves too? also wondering if theres another brand better than kibblewhite or are they all about the same?

also which kibblewhites are better the black diamond or the white diamond? and how do i know if ill need oversize or not?

???springs tightening up, where did you get this from? you have a crf450r?

Hmm let me guess it wont kick start and it stars right up when you push or pull start it and someone said your valves are tight? am I on the right track here?

Sorry but kibble's and bits is NOT the answer to all you guys problems...

Can you tell I'm bored today?

well im assuming tthere tightening up cuz its startin real hard and feels as if its low on compresion. i had the same problem with it last summer, adjusted the valves and it was good for a while. and yes i have an 04 450r

This what I am doing "works for me"

4 TI valves, new stock springs, new soft valve seats, new guides,

the SS valves will last but your adding to rotating mass thus loss of horsepower also when you go SS you need to raise spring rate (stiffer springs)

one reason you may feel you have lost compression is when your valves wear they get "tight" no clearance so you may even have a valve open @ TDC well not OPEN per say but not seating and you loose compression.

Also with above parts TI spring retainers and valve keepers competes the package,

i dont have 800 bucks for all that stuff. if i went back to all stock wouldnt i have the same problem with premature wear? i want something that will last i dont wanna be tearin back into it after dumpin 3 or 400 bucks in it. how much of a power loss will there be with SS. im not to concerned with a slight loss i can always do something else to gain that back i just want to make it as reliable possible

Valves are going to wear stock or SS. If you clean your air filter and oil your air filter after each ride and change your oil and filter every 2 or 3 rides and check your valve clearance every 5 or 6 rides the valves will last longer.

yea i change my oil on a regular basis and clean my filter every time. im just tryin to figure out which ones will last longer and go further between adjustments cuz i wanna spend less time wrenching more time riding

Ok TI valves have a hard coating to make them compatible with the stock hard seats, so my thing is if you are going to re cut the stock seats go with 4 SS valves and springs to match, if you want to increase performance and have some cash put in 4 TI valves and "soft" nickel/bronze seats, to do this right though you need to replace the guides/seals, use "new stock" springs, TI spring retainers, and TI valve keepers, take a look at this article,http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/news/article/0,13190,1558721,00.html