Sign in to follow this  

Adelanto Grand Prix Results

I raced the Adelanto Grand Prix this last weekend. #157 Nov Open. If I recall correctly it took almost 2 weeks to see results after last years race. This is not a huge suprise considering over 3,500 manualy scored riders.

Also how did everyone do? Difficult to tell with so many riders and a timed event. I was sad to see so many people in my race cutting the course. Not just riding alternate lines but shortening corners and entire sections. With the minal amount of officals on the back sections and the dust storm, I will be curios to see if some lap times are way out of sync. It took courage staying on the course with the monster sand woops, but I think I probably did pretty well even after 2 crashes.

Where do they post results? I raced beg 40+ did not notice the course cutters and yet being a beg., I had my eyes looking ahead only. It was a blast, crashed once and was able to continue.

They will post results on the www.desertvipersmc.com website. I think I remember last year however, the results being first issued through another website like off-road.com or CycleNews.com or something like that. I will post a link to the rusults as soon as I see / find something. I encourage anyone else to do the same.

Searching the web, I can not even find the winners of the Pro Class although I know Kurt Caselli Won?

i raced open beg. #243 it was a fun race and it was crazy i could tell the difficult parts of the track because there was someone laying of the side injured. a couple of pros passed me then cut the course and that wasnt cool. I had fun i really didnt take it too seriously tho on the street sections i did a wheelie down the whole street i got thumbs up by other riders which made me feel good. i didnt place very well but i survived without a crash. :applause:

Searching the web, I can not even find the winners of the Pro Class although I know Kurt Caselli Won?

I'm pretty sure Caselli won just about everything he entered this year.

I raced 40+ beginner. Got a mediocre start...probably 30-something going into the first corner. Passed a lot of guys on the first lap, passed a few more on laps 2 & 3, got passed by a few guys here and there. I'm guessing I got a top 20 or so out of over 100 in my class.

It was my first race EVER and it was a BLAST:applause: What made it interesting was I registered late and had to register expert #n55 in the 251+cc. Man I'm hooked. I did well for a first timer. No crashes, finished and even passed some people. I'm way stoked and can't wait for the next one. By the way does anybody know anything about the Glen Helen Grand Prix this weekend? Is it just as fun?

I raced SR AMA on sat and OPEN EXPERT on sunday since ama was sold out!!

I'm think i may have ended up top 15 in the Expert class:excuseme: we see what happens when the results are posted in 2-3 weeks. The waterhole jump was alot shorter this year compared to last year.. Should've been close to 100mph or more on the long straight-a-way w/ my 15/45.. had to get on it hard coming outta the corner before the WH jump w/ that gearing:busted:

Great TIME!!

Oh yeah Curt Caselli had top speed of 112mph

By the way does anybody know anything about the Glen Helen Grand Prix this weekend? Is it just as fun?

I raced adelanto this last weekend first time @ that race. I raced the vet Beginner and I had blast. I had one pretty good crash but other than that it was great. It was so much fun setting people up on the rode sections and trying to pass when coming back on to the dirt. I saw alot of people cutting the course also especially in the back whooped out part. I figured I was just trying to finish so why cut? I wanted to ride the entire course. Congrats to everyone that did not cut and finished, it was a rough race. The big 6 race this weekend will be a little different but alot of fun. I raced the taft race and had a blast. I wouldn't gear your bike as tall as you may have for adelanto there are so pretty big hills at glen helen. They are also having an SRA grand prix next weekend I have done 2 of those and they are really fun also.:applause: