Sign in to follow this  

Worst Customer Service with GPR

I purchased a GPR stabilizer 2 months ago and couldn't be happier with it.

I chose GPR because of the multiple "thumbs up" they had received for their product.

3weeks ago I was showing someone how the stabilizer works. My 13yo neighbor was sitting on my bike and we were switching the settings from soft to hard so he could feel the difference the unit makes. With the stabilizer on the hardest setting "8" he jerked the handle bars and the stabilizer post that the unit is attached to, snapped off. It broke right at the weld and had evidence of rust at the breaking point.

I called GPR's warranty and sales office in San Diego and spoke with someone there about what had happened. He was very helpful and told me what I needed to do to get the part replaced. 3weeks have passed and I called back today explaining my story again and asking for a fax number that my invoice could be sent to.

I have made multiple purchases for my bike. I have well over $3000 in addons and upgrades on my bike. I have dealt with many companies both in person and over the phone. As a whole the dirt bike community is amazing. Everyone is more than willing to help and never cease to impress me with how willing they are to go above and beyond to help out, answer questions and make sure everything is done right.

Today is the exception.

I have never received such poor customer service. It was like pulling teeth to get this guy to help me out. At one point I was so upset that I asked to speak with his supervisor... I quote "go ahead and end this call with your supervisor" he told me to have a nice day and hung up.

He made comments like

"what? you want me to hold your hand?" and "Hmm. sounds shady to me"

My story was cut and dry. nothing sketchy about it. I was straight forward and explained what had happened. When I spoke with his counterpart earlier in the month he had no problems with what had happened and told me to send it in.

unbelieveable. I am tempted to sell the part and go out and buy a Scotts.

please tell me I am the only one that has been treated this way by them.

Bummer to hear about your problem, why did you wait 3 weeks to follow up?

Your clamp was not powdercoated?? or was the rust under the powdercoat and weld??

I didnt have the invoice recept to send with the unit. I was going to have the company i bought it from fax it to my work but we have been out of ink since and have not been able to get any for it (dinosaur fax machine)

Found out this am that they could just fax it directly to GPR for me.

Thats all I wanted from GPR was their fax number. Got a serious run around and lousy attitude.

The clamp was powdercoated. There was a small amount of rust at the weld. it snapped clean off above the weld and had rust laced throughout the metal.

I think this is maybe the second complaint I've ever heard about GPR's customer service. Seems like they would repair or replace the part no questions asked. Would that not be good business especially since a gazillion people will be reading this post? Maybe someone from GPR will respond.

I hope so.

I am not looking for handouts or trying to pass off my mistakes on others. all i want is to be treated with the customer service we all deserve

Just curious....Did you get pissy with them today?

I go into full ass kiss mode when I want customer support, I know it sounds lame, but I ALWAYS get what I want....and then some.

I usually do the same. I used to work in customer service and I was always more willing to help those with a great attitude.

I didnt get pissy until after he made a comment that was inappropriate to say to a customer.

I never did talk to his supervisor. although I am tempted to call back.

I just want my damper to work again!

Just curious....Did you get pissy with them today?

I go into full ass kiss mode when I want customer support, I know it sounds lame, but I ALWAYS get what I want....and then some.

:applause: Wisdom here:busted:

I usually do the same. I used to work in customer service and I was always more willing to help those with a great attitude.

I didnt get pissy until after he made a comment that was inappropriate to say to a customer.

I never did talk to his supervisor. although I am tempted to call back.

I just want my damper to work again!

Ask for Randy... I too have had some issues sales people not wanting to go out of their way to help. For example, I've called for stock on a part and I was told "yeah, I'm pretty sure we have those". Of course, "I'm pretty sure" is not the same as "yes, we DO have them", so I ask if he'd check. He did, but he acted like it was a bother for him. I thought, dude it's your job, why should it be an inconvenience?

Now I just ask for Randy (one of the owners) and he takes care of business.:applause:

I agree that you should be polite when dealing with the customer service people until they treat you like crap... cough..brett at alpinestar..cough, then thats when the foul language starts flying. I know it may hurt my chances of getting the problem fixed, but damn it feels good!

Muldoon do you live in southern california? If so go to the Big 6 grand prix at Glen Helen this weekend. GPR will have a trailer there. I had mine rebuilt at the Taft grand prix last month free of charge. I have had really good luck with there customer service in the past. I am sure if you can make it to the race they will help you out.

I'm sorry to hear your story. I'm on my second GPR unit and could not be happier. I stripped out the mounting screws on my first one on a Monday and had the new piece in time to race on Saturday. They are usually very helpful. I have seen them help guys out with their Scotts at WORCS races and not even bat an eye.

Paul

Somebody at GPR was having a bad day. Twice GPR has sent me brand new units to replace broken ones BEFORE I sent the old one back. They are truly stand up guys. I'm totally amazed that this has happened to you. I've never even heard a bad word about their service.

I suspect if Randy (the owner) hears about this he will be less than amused.

I work at a shop and we have had nothing but good service from GPR. We had a problem one time at a race, that was our fault, and they fixed it for us no charge. They jumped right on it for us and our guy made the race on time.

Another vote for GPR. I've only dealt with Randy and he's :applause: in my book!

Sorry to hear about your experience but, I have a feeling they will set it right!

GPR is one company you can trust to stand by there product. Sorry you had a problem but like the other guy's said, just deal with Randy. That guy has gone above and beyond for not only me but alot of people I know even when it was a problem caused by improper install.

I have two friends with GPR's and they couldn't be happer. They both have had nothing but positive things to say about the company and service they have received.

Thank you for the replies on boosting my opinion of GPR.

I spoke with Randy yesterday and he smoothed things over. He assured me that the part would be at my house next day without hesitation. I had to laugh when he told me the rep i spoke with had the personality of a wet mop.

I am chalking my bad experience up to the rep having a bad day. Randy was very helpful and put my mind at ease with the product I had purchased.

Thank you again.

I spoke with Randy yesterday and he smoothed things over. He assured me that the part would be at my house next day without hesitation. I had to laugh when he told me the rep i spoke with had the personality of a wet mop.

I am chalking my bad experience up to the rep having a bad day. Randy was very helpful and put my mind at ease with the product I had purchased.

Thank you again.

Thats good that you got it taken care of. But I personally don't care how good a company's products are...if I get treated like $hit then I'll never buy anything from them and I'll make sure to tell everyone I can about my experience. I would be even more pissed off after talking to the owner and telling him how I was treated only to have him agree that he has someone working for him that treats customers with such disrespect. If you have a problem employee and do nothing to correct it then shame on you Randy.

Thank you again.

Good deal. GPR is number 1 in my book. :applause: