Sign in to follow this  

my left shoulder is killing me, whats up?

long story short, i landed a jump on the front wheel and fell on my shoulder at around 40 mph. this was caused a couple months back, im guessing early november, and im still feeling the pain. its not like its jsut a little bit of pain, its like i feel it when i go to put my arm behind my back, and when i land a jump or aply too much pressure on my shoulder(jumped a small step up the other day and the landing just about killed me). does anyone have any idea what this can be, i thought resting it for a couple months would help, which it did, but not as much as i would've thought. i never saw a doctor for this so does anyone know of anything that could be wrong and should i get medical attention.

Take a picture of yourself with a pencil pointing to the area of maximum tenderness.

its not just one spot, thats the thing, besides the cameras broken. but to describe the pain, if i go to put my hand behiond my back, at my elbow joint right on the left side of the joint( if the inside is facing up), but if i land off a jump or what not it feels as if my shoulder is going to dislocate. thats what i thought happened atfirst, but since i passed out and had a concussion from the landing i dont remeber the exact happenings of the pain.

well i guess ill say it like this, my upper deltoid area hurts, and my lower bicipital arm muscle, and lower tricep muscle hurt when i put my arm behind my back. if this helps any let me know.

Maybe your have torn some muscles in this area which can result in scare tissue. When you try to put your arm behind your head the scare tissue tries to tear itself away from the muscle. I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a Motel 6 last night! J/K. Seriously get a MRI to find out what doing. Hopefully it can be fixed with therapy. Hey Garrett when are we going to start training. PM me!

well guys. i cased a single to table last weekened just after my arm was starting to feel a little bit better. and now, it hurts really bad again, i think i dislocated it again, but im not sure.if i flex both arms in the mirror you can see a differnce in muscle structure on my shoulder, but its not as bad as it use to be. you can feel a small spot right under my collar bone and a little bit closer to the shoulder that it feels there is much less muscle there? do you think this could be from a dislocation and it tore my muscle or what?

See the doc, and get an X-ray

What he said, and he should know.

Beats me why you haven't done that already. Quit being a wussy and go see a doctor.

no, im not afraid to see the doc, hell,id prefer to do it like that. just dont have time and the local radioligist never seem to be in.

Welcome to the world of separated shoulders!!!! A/C separation is what it sounds like for the shoulder pain. If you have a bump on the top of your shoulder that is what it is. Does it hurt when you try to reach across you body?

Excuses, excuses. Go see a doc. Probably you dislocated it back when and if you'd had it fixed back then, you wouldn't still be whining about it.

Been there, done that.

long story short, i landed a jump on the front wheel and fell on my shoulder at around 40 mph. this was caused a couple months back, im guessing early november, and im still feeling the pain. its not like its jsut a little bit of pain, its like i feel it when i go to put my arm behind my back, and when i land a jump or aply too much pressure on my shoulder(jumped a small step up the other day and the landing just about killed me). does anyone have any idea what this can be, i thought resting it for a couple months would help, which it did, but not as much as i would've thought. i never saw a doctor for this so does anyone know of anything that could be wrong and should i get medical attention.

I injured my shoulder back in December, (I think it was a subluxation) and had some symptoms similar to yours. I couldnt sleep on the injured side, had a lot of pain while doing internal and external rotation shoulder exercises, and I couldnt throw a ball without a significant amount of pain, but it would hurt the most when I would put my arm behind my back. The pain was really sharp right at the front of my shoulder. After resting it for a month and not seeing any improvement I started a shoulder stretching and exercise program similar to the one on Dr. Marks web site and after a month or so I saw a significant improvement. It has now been almost 4 months and the shoulder feels as good as it did pre injury. I still have no idea what the injury was but am guessing it was an injury to one or more of the rotator cuff muscles.

Take a picture of yourself with a pencil pointing to the area of maximum tenderness.

No point to it using a sausage.

I have the same problem as you except both shoulders. When I throw a ball my shoulder will sublux meaning almost dislocate but never come out of the socket. I Just suck it up and ride but it defienetly kills at times. I cant even serve a volleyball or play volleyball in gym. I started working it out i saw minor imporvement and I continue to. Theres a brace you can get that helps this and also surgery. But I am not missing this year again! I had an mri and xray done by 2 different doctors who said they saw nothing wrong. Look into a brace thats what I am going to do. It seperates a fair amount on me aswell.

That shoulder is loose and will need to be fixed.

:prof: What he said

(like I would know any better) ;)

well guys, this thread is still going which suprises me, i saw it was back because i was just about to post another topic regarding this one.my shoulder is much much better, stil pain when i put it behind my back and push up, but its no where near as bad as it was. although, i have started working out, and i use to have some decent pecs, but it seems as if my left chest area lost alot of muscle, and im guessing because of this. its not nearly as muscular as my right side in the should area, my muscle on that shoulder seems like almost all of it disappeared? anyways, i've been working out and it is getting better, i havent started stretching it that much, but i think i will. any good ideas on what to use to help build muscle in the shoulder area? i've just been benching really, and im just trying to get my chest back to par, because i have put on some weight and am on a diet and excercise alot more. but long story short, what could it have been since im guessing it tore through, or ripped my muscle in that region?