Sign in to follow this  

river valley

Dried up, thats a good one. River Valley won't be ridable for 2-3 weekends, unless you have studs or love the mud. We are suppose to get some rain/snow later in the week then the forecast looks good for some drying.

I am not sure if I can go to Chadwick this weekend, next for sure unless work comes up. I am thinking about maybe Milford Lake for Sunday, I have been trying to get down for 2 weeks. It is only a 3 hour drive. It is supose to be 58 and sunny. I will know more later in the week.

Can't a guy dream? :applause:

Yes, you can dream. In May your dream will come true, unless we have a wet spring like I have heard they are predicting.

I wanna ride!!!!! I just don't see it in my future.

road trip...road trip...

I'm trying to get something lined up in March..someplace in Missouri.. more info to come.

I'd be up for a road trip. Its been almost 3 weeks since I've been out. :applause:

I'm telling you guys we need to be bench racing at some pub. Heck we would all be Bob Hannah by the end of the night. Stories we could tell, but our throats are a wee bit parched pass me a cold one.

3 weeks- going down to texas. hopefully it will be dry.nothing worse than driving all day to ride in the mud. BTW ktm talk is having a trail ride in chadwick over april fools week end . dont know if were going yet dist.22 also has a race in ill. that weekend.:applause:

I'm going down to Arkansas mid-April. Will be stuck here until then.

do ya know the trails down there? i have wanted to go futher south and ride arkansas but its always funer with a guide.:applause:

If any of you Omaha guys are going to Milford this weekend then I may see you there. Currently trying to scare up someone else to go with me at the moment.

My Dad actually lives in Omaha. Spoke with him this evening about 5:30p and he said it was 33 degrees in Omaha. The same exact time it was 71 here in Wichita. How's that for a crazy temp differential between two towns in neighboring states only 300 miles apart?

That temperature difference is why we are going to get pounded with snow today. Currently in Red Oak, we have had sleet, hail, sleet, and now a mixture of sleet and snow. I think this is going to be another evening of moving a lot of snow.

Well it will be a month or two before we ride with all this snow....

Ten39 what day are you going to Milford? I am going to try and go Sun., but it is not looking good right now.

I'm probably shooting for Saturday at Milford, if it all works out. I'm usually busy on Sunday.

I might not be around at all though since southern MN is getting so much of the white stuff. My Dad and I might load up the sleds and head up there. It's not often that southern MN and northern IA have ridable snow on their trails, so we might have to take advantage of it.:applause:

You might not have to go that far, parts of Omaha are crossing the foot mark in snow. Last I heard Pepperidge had 12.58 inches and it is still falling about 2 in an hour.

You might not have to go that far, parts of Omaha are crossing the foot mark in snow. Last I heard Pepperidge had 12.58 inches and it is still falling about 2 in an hour.

Crazy!

Unfortunately the only places to ride in the Omaha area are around those city/county rec. lakes you have. Those trails are REALLY limtied, but of course the one we go to on occassion is totally drained at the moment, so I guess that opens it up a bit, lol.

I don't know about Milford, but down here it's sunny and about 45-50. I think all of this precip is missing northern KS for the most part. Bodes well for the Milford ride idea.

EDIT: Accuweather is showing highs of 41 and 56 for Junk City (closest town to Milford) for the weekend with no precip between now and then. It's 33 there now currently. Really wierd weather variations the past few days here in the midwest.

do ya know the trails down there? i have wanted to go futher south and ride arkansas but its always funer with a guide.:applause:

This time I'm going to Mena. Most riding will be national forest "roads" so you have to be street legal. However we'll probably do some at the Wolf Pen Gap OHV area.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/ouachita/recreation/documents/TR-11_Wolf_Pen_Gap_.pdf

Here's another place I ride, was there last fall.

http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/recreation/mill_creek.html

I flattened both tires on my snow blower today. Must have had the pressure too low, rim spun inside the tire and broke the beads loose (tubeless). Should have had rim locks:crazy: