Sign in to follow this  

Fork Bleeders from KTM 43mm fit

The older 43mm WP fork bleeders from 2000-2002 KTMs fits in the Zokes air screw bleeder, giving push button air release, FYI. $13 bucks from Rocky Mtn. or very nice KTM hardparts ones that I saved off my KTM will screw right in.

The older 43mm WP fork bleeders from 2000-2002 KTMs fits in the Zokes air screw bleeder, giving push button air release, FYI. $13 bucks from Rocky Mtn. or very nice KTM hardparts ones that I saved off my KTM will screw right in.

thanks. I've been wondering if anything would fit. great info.

thanks. I've been wondering if anything would fit. great info.

I guess we need to make sticky lists. I figuered that out when Huskys were still part of the Exotics forum and posted it. Those bleeders do a lot to keep Zokes seals from leaking and you'll never drop your screw out on the trail!

Norman

Actually , unless their HP manuals have a typo, the fork bleeders are the same from 2000 to 2007, 43 or 48mm White Power forks...

KTM PN: SXS07125610

You have to watch for the preload adjustable 48s, I believe they are different, mine are. Jim.

I had those $13 ones from RM and I do not recommend them. They leaked around the seal. Cheap Chinese crapola. Worth paying ktm the $30 for the twist ones. Their design is much better.

I had those $13 ones from RM and I do not recommend them. They leaked around the seal. Cheap Chinese crapola. Worth paying ktm the $30 for the twist ones. Their design is much better.

Ooooh, so, JJM525 was talking about those from RM and not the ones from KTM ? I tough it was strange because KTM is using same PN for all their WP forks no matter are they 43mm or 48mm...also in a HVA there's no preload adjusters to interfere....anyway, a set from KTM is in its way to my store to install in my TE510...also ordered the new KTM lower chain slider from the '07 SX-F that was discussed in another thread to replace the HVA lower chain roller and another part that possibly won't fit but i decided to take a chance and make some experiments with it...cross your fingers :applause:

I have the KTM part off my 2002 EXC on the TC now, but I also have a KTM w/48mm forks and preload adjustment and am told they need a different part for the bleeder, it is probably just the preload cap style on the SX forks. The KTM part is top notch IMHO, I noticed the RM part and its low $ but had no idea about the quality, good to know they are suspect. Jim.

FWIW, I've got the cheap RM bleeders, I've had zero leaking issues...I've run them for ~2000 miles.

Well, the hard parts ref. that i indicated, o matter states that is for both 43 and 48mm forks, won't work out of the box with the Zokes 50mm:foul: :applause: :applause: :lol:

There is a very very small clearance issue to the alu "hex nut".

So, to make them work i will need to sand down all around the bleeders or shave a bit the face of the alu "hex nut" so the bleeder passes in the correct angle.

Any opinions ?

TIA,

AJSB

Like I stated earlier, the ones off my 2002 EXC 43mm KTM forks fit fine, no issues with clearance. I do not have the part # but they are orange anodised and screwed right in, no problem. Jim.

Took a look at my brother's bike and noticed he has EXC 48mm forks with the same bleeder as mine, preload adjustable KTM 48s on the SX bikes seem to be the problem fit. Jim.

Like I stated earlier, the ones off my 2002 EXC 43mm KTM forks fit fine, no issues with clearance. I do not have the part # but they are orange anodised and screwed right in, no problem. Jim.

Orange ?!? Are those the ones orange with "silver" metallic push buttons instead of the rubber dome buttons ? with hex right bellow push button and with the hex above the lateral bleed hole ?

If so, those are the ones with PN U6951016 (for EXC with preloaders in "gold" color...U6951015 is for SX with preloaders in black color...PN that i put here was possibly for std forks without preloaders)...the "U" means that it was originally developed to USA market and PN that i got was the international and/or European version...need to check tomorrow if i can get the U6951016 in Europe...

Orange with silver push button tops, we both have the same ones. I had a set with the black rubber tops on a 07 SXF250, the rubbers pop off leaving them exposed to dirt, I like the orange older style better FWIW, Jim.

Orange with silver push button tops, we both have the same ones. I had a set with the black rubber tops on a 07 SXF250, the rubbers pop off leaving them exposed to dirt, I like the orange older style better FWIW, Jim.

No, i don't have the orange ones...when you said that they was orange i searched in the net and i found a pic of then and made a description of them to you to confirm if was the same ones that you was talking about...

I have the ones with the rubber top...they don't fit in the 07 TE510 :applause:

There must be a small fraction of millimeter of difference between the orange ones with silver push button tops and the ones with black rubber tops.

I may try to shave the ones that i have all around of them with sandpaper that small fraction.