What are the good and bad things about The '07 SX 250f?

The KTM has the best motor hands down. I own a crf250, and a 250sxf, my dad owns a yz 250f which i have spent alot of time on as well.

The KTM motor is the best out of the buntch by far.

The Honda handles a little better in a stock form.

The yamaha does lot of stuff good...but doesnt stand out in any area.

(keep in mind i was comparing them all in stock form). The KTM needs the suspension revalved and resprung and then it handles just as well, and with a little motor work the honda can be plenty fast.

All in all, i like the KTM the best, the motor is amazing, the bike tracks straight through anything, and the quality on the bike is hands down the best, the honda is my second choice.

Oh and did i mention that the KTM TURNS? It turns on a dime, unlike anything else ive ridden.

The KTM has the best motor hands down. I own a crf250, and a 250sxf, my dad owns a yz 250f which i have spent alot of time on as well.

The KTM motor is the best out of the buntch by far.

The Honda handles a little better in a stock form.

The yamaha does lot of stuff good...but doesnt stand out in any area.

(keep in mind i was comparing them all in stock form). The KTM needs the suspension revalved and resprung and then it handles just as well, and with a little motor work the honda can be plenty fast.

All in all, i like the KTM the best, the motor is amazing, the bike tracks straight through anything, and the quality on the bike is hands down the best, the honda is my second choice.

Oh and did i mention that the KTM TURNS? It turns on a dime, unlike anything else ive ridden.

not to mention you can change a plug or check it for jetting without tearing the bike down.

I am amazed at how well this bike performs. The few things I don't like are the black wheels and the airbox needs sealing up for any serious offroading.

If you read the lastest Dirt Rider, the Suzuki came out on top.

I've not rode all the other bikes, but from my own experience on the KTM it's probably true. The motor likes to be revved, try to get going in a hurry in the wrong gear (too high) and you'll know it. I'm going to try that forslyk. That was their biggest suspension complaint.

I chose KTM for 3 reasons:

1 - The most reliable long lasting motor and bike in general. From what digging I did before buying, it's really the only brand that you can say that their 250F motor will hold up for a long time. If it hadn't of been for KTM I wouldn't even have bought a 250F.

2 - I'm so used to the KTM wasy of doing things, it's hard for me to accept the others build quality. I prefer not be be too loyal to "brand", but I guess I'm hooked, something would have to be really really better (in several ways) for me to change now.

3 - From a speed prospective, regardless of which one I bought, it wouldn't be the bike holding me back. I figure they're all so good, I might as well choose based on other things.

I love mine but I was wondering if I could get the electic start.

Just get the XCF model.

We have 2 '06 250SXF's and one with a 280 kit on it. Have not had a problem with either one of them. Just change the oil regularly and check the valves.

Will be getting an '07 250SXF and 450SXF next week.

that is great stuff guys

is there any things that is bad about it?

I think the frame is a little stiff up front. You get more bump impact through the bars compared to a CRF250 or the new RMZ250. I think the forks are a little harsh yet do not have the bottoming resistance of the Kayaba 3S stuff or Showa stuff. Also the forks have lots of stiction. I did not try the Fork Slyk stuff yet. Overall the 250 SXF is a great bike with many great features as mentioned in previous posts - I am sure you will enjoy it.

I think the frame is a little stiff up front. You get more bump impact through the bars compared to a CRF250 or the new RMZ250. I think the forks are a little harsh yet do not have the bottoming resistance of the Kayaba 3S stuff or Showa stuff. Also the forks have lots of stiction. I did not try the Fork Slyk stuff yet. Overall the 250 SXF is a great bike with many great features as mentioned in previous posts - I am sure you will enjoy it.

most of thats fixed once the suspension is set to your weight, which you should do anyways:ride:

Hey all, FWIW after reading the Dirt Rider test I figured I'd give the Forslyk a try.

It came it yesterday and I tested it out today.

I'm impressed! I'm not one the these super testers that can tell the slightest of differences. I couild tell it helped just going thru the washboard areas in the parking lot on the way to get on the track.

I didn't think about it at the time, but I went up 2 clicks on the rebound cause I was getting wheelies on a jump landing, I thought I had already adjusted that out on the last couple of rides. I suppose the decreased friction made it rebound faster.