Sign in to follow this  

07 CRF 50 Wont Start, Help!!!!!

Hey guys, was out washing my bike yesterday and had everything coevered, i.e. exhaust and intake and fins. Well anyways after washing and drying, i decided to take it out for a lil clean lap :cry: . The bike started and made it about a block before it backfired, bogged down and died. I tried starting it, it fired up then bogged. So i choked it, it started, then bogged down... so now it doesnt even start ... kick after kick, choke or no choke, and now my parents are flippin on me cause they need it to ride in the pits cause they are too lazy too walk... help a fellow brother out please. any ideas as to what it could be :cry: ? :applause: :applause: :lol:

Check all wire connections, clean the air filter. Take off the carburetor and blow it out. Make sure there's no water in the exhaust. (Take it off an turn it upside down to try to get any possible water out). Inspect/change spark plug. Change the oil. Just do everything. Even though you covered up the openings, you never know. Might as well just check everything. May sound stupid. Are you sure you got gas in the tank?

Mine did it yesterday. After about 15 kicks, I turned the choke off, kept the fuel valve on, and held the throttle 1/2 way open and it finally started. For the record, mine is an '07, purchased in California, and a stone stock motor.

i think you might have got water in the carb cause it bogging that means not enough fuel gettin to your engine check your air filter and check your gas in the carb

Im gonna try and put a new spark plug in and see if that does the trick. Looked blacker than the night when i pulled it out. Sad times are near, might have to sell the bike, can no longer afford it, school is more important and my parents seem to think differently. they think a job and 50 is more important than an education and a career, lol oh well, damn parents