Sign in to follow this  

FCR 39 vs FCR 41

After reading all the rave reviews about how much power one can gain with the FCR 39 carb, I have a strong desire to get one. However, I would eventually like to get a big bore kit. Questions to the experts out there:

1) can the 41 be tuned for standard bore? (full ex/3x3)?

2) can the 39 be tuned for a bire bore? if so what sizes? 450/475

the 39 can be used for a bigbore the 41 is better for the bigbore but not as good for the stock bore

one final check before I go out and get this thing... will it totally wow me? what kind of gain should i expect?

thanks

one final check before I go out and get this thing... will it totally wow me? what kind of gain should i expect?

thanks

I had a stock sm other than the 3X3, full Yoshi, and re-jet. When I put the 39FCRmx on as per Eddie's specs it made a marked improvement in the ability to pull up the front wheel along with adding 9mph to my top end speed.

I now have a 94mm BB with RHC cams/valves and the 39 is working great.

GIDDY UP!!!

CC

After reading all the rave reviews about how much power one can gain with the FCR 39 carb, I have a strong desire to get one. However, I would eventually like to get a big bore kit. Questions to the experts out there:

1) can the 41 be tuned for standard bore? (full ex/3x3)?

2) can the 39 be tuned for a bire bore? if so what sizes? 450/475

My understanding (having gone through this going from a Mikuni to a 39 to a 41) is that the 41 isn't great for a standard bore. The main reason to get the 41 is if you are doing a big bore stroker... which I'm doing next week... and so you would land up selling the 39 to get the 41 (costly I might add to do). That being said, you can do a big bore stroker with the 39... it just won't be optimal.

I had a stock sm other than the 3X3, full Yoshi, and re-jet. When I put the 39FCRmx on as per Eddie's specs it made a marked improvement in the ability to pull up the front wheel along with adding 9mph to my top end speed.

I now have a 94mm BB with RHC cams/valves and the 39 is working great.

GIDDY UP!!!

CC

Nice!:applause:

How is it around town? Does it kill the stock carb.?