Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust

When buying an exhaust, is it better to get the full system or just the slip on? What would be the advantages/disadvantages between just a slip on w/ the stock header or the full system?:applause:

Getting a full system will provide you with more benefits. The difference in power is maybe 1-3 hp but a new system will change the powerband much more significantly than just a slip-on.

Well, if you do not want to spend alot fo money, I would say to buy a header rather than a slip on muffler---

A slip-on, more than enything makes your wallet lighter. A full system offers an increase in power and can change the attitude of your bike completely. Then you have to deside were you want that change to occure... Low, Mid, or hi. Then you can find a system that works for you.

Some people might tell you that the stock stuff is fine, but let me tell you the stock stuff is fine, but some aftermarket stuff is great.

Well, if you do not want to spend alot fo money, I would say to buy a header rather than a slip on muffler---
what would be the advantage to that instead of a slip on>?

Dude, search acjracing on ebay. He has killer deals on new exhaust. I got a full Jardine rt-4 system for $250. Rock On!!!

what would be the advantage to that instead of a slip on>?

Well, it is just that my friend bought a header, and he said the power increase was very noticable--and besides, this will not increase sound by much. Seems good to me.