Sign in to follow this  

Baja ride anyone?

I want to go ride with some Husky guys.

Anyone into a trip south of the border?

Single track, old race course.

Any interest?

I would love to in a month or so. Can't swing the time right now.

Mike, if we could do it so I didn't have to worry about my truck or bikes getting ripped off like almost happened last time, I'd love to. I'm just not up to loosing a truck 15k in bikes. :applause:

Mike, if we could do it so I didn't have to worry about my truck or bikes getting ripped off like almost happened last time, I'd love to. I'm just not up to loosing a truck 15k in bikes. :applause:

Do Tell!!

I'm thinking early May.

I know some crazy single tracks down there that are rarely ridden, or we could do some of the more wide open baja 1000 race courses. Both?

PMAUST- its true theft can be an issue down there. If we ride out of Ensenada we can park in a secure parking lot, either at the San Nicholas, or at my buddies house in a compound.

We could also set up shop at the super safe Rancho Veronica and do a weekend of single track.

May 2 i turn 44 years young. If i throw the party, will you guys come? Hey, i dont have any friends...:applause:

I should have my Dakar chase truck and bikes back by then. Might be fun for guys to try riding that sucker all fueled up.

I may give it another shot. May 2nd gives plenty of time to plan. Count me in for now. Since you don't have any friends, I'll come down and help you celebrate your birthday. :applause:

I may give it another shot. May 2nd gives plenty of time to plan. Count me in for now. Since you don't have any friends, I'll come down and help you celebrate your birthday. :applause:

Right on.

Weekend of May 2 it is. Calendar puts that as May 5-6th. Far enough from Steny's ride not to be an issue, and still time for the Baja 500 and ISDE qualifiers later in the month. Baja that time of the year is really nice.

Come one, come all. Baja first timers encouraged.

That sounds perfect. I'm in. Looking forward to it already. Any yes, if you have the Dakar beast there i want to try it. :applause:

I am interested. I signed up for your ride last year and had to cancel due to the valves going out in the 510. What are the anticipated costs for lodging,food and fuel when we arrive? Russ

I want to ride some crazy single tracks and drink beer with fellow Husky riders!!! :applause: Is there a Husky rental in California?? :applause:

I want to ride some crazy single tracks and drink beer with fellow Husky riders!!! :applause: Is there a Husky rental in California?? :applause:

Dude, if you fly out from Norway, you can ride one of my TE 510's for free!

Your euro's go far these days. Book a flight and join your Husky bro's!

Ride-- thats AWESOME you are coming down...! I have a 50 mile single track that will have you grinning for 5-6 hours. Bring your GPS, you will want to save this one.

SO it sounds like we are going to Rancho Santa Veronica in the Tecate area. Its the home of the famous Tecate Hair Scrambles. Endless single track.

I think you guys will totally dig it.

....and yes. I WILL have the Dakar Rally bike. Still has the roll in the roll chart, you all can have a page or two if ya want. We can talk Single Track, Dakar or Baja 1000 or just talk about Husqvarna women or whatever. Anyway, its not the best single track bike, but it'll be there for all to putt around on.

I'll bring the Dakar chase truck as well. Kinda cool with the big Husqvarna emblem and the big rally sticker numbers and all that.

Rooms or tent camping available at Rancho Veronica. Its about 90 minutes from San Deigo. I'll get directions and all that as this ride gets momentum.

One other thing.

Rob Barnum - one very fast Husky rider - will also be joining us. He is an EXPERT mechanic, and very approachable, so if ya have questions about suspension or whatever he will be there. Big Husky supporter. Races for GP Cycles. He is new to Husky and i think he just really wants to 'join the family'

"Mikes-44th-birthday-bash-single-track-Husqvarna-brother-and-sister-ride", Rancho Santa Veronica, May 4-5. Tecate, Baja.

Costs? You can camp for a few bucks. Bring your own fuel cans. There are also lots of rooms, about $30-35 per person double occupany. Meals available for standard costs at the pool side restaurant. Beers are VERY cold.

There is a little village about 6-7 miles away on a mostly paved road for basic supplies. Its rural. Nice place. VERY Safe.

Come one come all. None of us know each other, so its not like theres an 'in clique' or anything. Just Husky guys. All riding levels totally welcome.

May 4th and 5th ? Fri./ Sat. Or did you mean 5th and 6th, Sat./ Sun. ? Any border wait or crowd issues due to Cinco de Mayo celebrations? Might be wise to book early. I will try and make it either way. :applause:

Nice catch.

Friday night to Sunday afternoon.

Shouldnt be much of a border wait at Tecate. Its a lot lot lot more mello than TJ.

Cinco de Mayo shouldnt be an issue at Rancho Veronica, but good thinking. I will reserve some rooms 'just in case'

May 4 afternoon to May 6 afternoon with most riding on Sat and Sun.

So Cal locals can just drive down early Sat AM if they prefer. Ride will start around 10 am on Sat. All day ride! Bring a camelback for sure.

If I can find a friend to drive down with me I'm there. 12 hours to the border, I need some to drive with.

If I can find a friend to drive down with me I'm there. 12 hours to the border, I need some to drive with.

That's about half way for me :applause:

Ride will start around 10 am on Sat.

What time will the rest of you be starting? :applause:

This sounds awesome! Is it a Husky only ride or can others go. My two riding buddies are on pumpkins:excuseme: Any issues with bringing them along?

would a stock tank on a TC be ok for your 5-60 mile trail ride, capacity wise. getting back into dirt bikes and dont have a lot of endurance compared to most of the other riders here on the forum. :applause: :applause: :lol:

:lol: I may just have to reserve that perticular weekend in 08.

Sounds like a blast, hope you guys take lotza pics for those of us that can't make this years Baja birthday bash. Damn, wish I could get up close & personal with the Rally Husky. Have a great time, can't wait to read the trip report :applause: :applause:

Mike, this date is firm? Internation guys as of last night think it is in April? Birthday bash too. Good for you. I think I'm co running a Husky Demo Day that weekend with GP here in So. California (May 6th). Will know in a week or so. Steny

PS. Fellow that asked about 2.1 gallon tank. My old 04 TC 450 made it to Saw Mill from RV (62 miles) on 2.1 with at least .3 left in the tanks. Cruising ranch and farm roads at 20-35 mph rate, 15/47 gearing, Maxxis Desert iT tires on 19" rear wheel, early April weather. Hope that helps?:applause:

Hey Steny if ya dont do a So Cal demo days, come join us!

As for the stock tank--it'll be close, but i will be carrying some extra fuel, and we can work around issues like that. You guys know your bikes. Can ya do 50 miles of VERY tight (but really fun) single track? This route will have ya grinning all day. Its really unusual in that it changes drastically every 3-4 miles. Great scenery too. Even some water crossings!

There will also be a 'cut-out' half way into the Sat ride for guys who are getting tired, er i mean thirsty....for a cold one.

As for Pumpkins....honestly i have no problems with any euro bikes, if they are a buddy of a Husky bro. Theres lots of room. Come on Bigbob, get that Husaberg and throw it in Sharpie's truck. :applause: