Sign in to follow this  

Stock Shift Lever

I hate to break up all of the discussions of engine failures and timing chain headaches, but I have a smaller problem that I was wondering if anyone else shared. My 05 RMZ450 is an awesome bike to ride except that the shift lever is hard to get at when im standing on the pegs. It seems like the tip doesnt come out far enough and I have to search for it each time. Does anyone know of an aftermarket shifter with a longer tip end or different bend that would work?

'Till then ill just deal with the stock shifter and keep my fingers crossed that the rod pin doesnt fail on my motor.:applause:

I have always been a fan of the MSR steel one. I have it on my CRF and never had issues with trying to find it. plus it does not bend up like these cheap aluminium ones. I just got my RMZ so i will probably replace mine soon as well!

I have trouble shifting from second to third under power, have to back off to get it to go in. The bike has only done a few hours 07, hope it runs in before I race.

I have always been a fan of the MSR steel one. I have it on my CRF and never had issues with trying to find it. plus it does not bend up like these cheap aluminium ones. I just got my RMZ so i will probably replace mine soon as well!

lol

I remember when people said the same thing about aluminum years ago... Just replace the aluminum with steel in your statement and steel with aluminum and thats what was said when the whole shift to 'trick' aluminum parts was in.

Hell, the way these break levers look is because of factory riders back in the mid nineties. My how times have changed.

I just got an MSR lever and I like it much better than the stocker. I wasnt expecting it to make much difference but I do like it better.