Sign in to follow this  

For Everyone who has put in the RHC '07 head

Just ordered the full kit - '07 head with JE high compression piston. Any advice on what I should look out for? It should be a "plug & play", take off the old head ('04 crf250) and put in the new one, Ron did mention that I need to upgrade my spark plug and I got the '06 head gasket kit per his recommendation. I'll also opt for a new cam chain but is there anything else I should be aware of.

One important detail: figured I'd do this instead of getting a brand new '07 (I'd have spent more money alone buying a new exhaust system, graphics and all the other goodies).

How do I post a pic of my beauty??:applause:

BTW - Ron is the coolest and most considerate dude out there, so if you're planning on any engine mods, I highly recommend looking into his services:applause:

Thanks guys :applause:

Just ordered the full kit - '07 head with JE high compression piston. Any advice on what I should look out for? It should be a "plug & play", take off the old head ('04 crf250) and put in the new one, Ron did mention that I need to upgrade my spark plug and I got the '06 head gasket kit per his recommendation. I'll also opt for a new cam chain but is there anything else I should be aware of.

One important detail: figured I'd do this instead of getting a brand new '07 (I'd have spent more money alone buying a new exhaust system, graphics and all the other goodies).

How do I post a pic of my beauty??:applause:

BTW - Ron is the coolest and most considerate dude out there, so if you're planning on any engine mods, I highly recommend looking into his services:applause:

Thanks guys :applause:

I have a '05, if you don't mind telling, what did it set up back? Also, when you say a "full kit" - that doesn't include the cam correct?

how much time do you have on that 04.....you're gonna be have a 38+ hp setup on old main bearings and crank/rod......lotta new money riding on a old lower end......Pete @ MDK

The '04 has only gone through one race season (that means april through sept up here in the northeast). I've babied this bike and have had no problems aside from the valves moving ONCE....Hey Upstate, call Ron for a price quote. By full kit I just meant the entire head setup, my cam is aftermarket and does not come with the kit. Thanks for your advice fellas!