Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Outdoor MX moving to Speed

It's good..... BUT, it could be better! ( I know, I'm a whiner ) So they're showing a few races live but they are going to butcher them, one hour, with highlights from moto 1 and all of moto 2. The big dissapointment is the other 9 races won't be shown till the following Sat.!.... That's just ridiculous, with the internet we'll all know who won way before it airs, I think there are plenty of shows on Mon. or even Tues. that could be moved to fit MX in the day after the race! I don't think that's too much to ask

• Like 1

I'm glad the races are moving to Speed TV. I don't get OLN and my cable provider wanted to sell an expensive package to get it, so this is good news for me. :applause:

That would give only 23 hours of NASCAR coverage. I still can't figure out how they find so much to talk about when it comes to driving in circles. Anyways any outdoor coverage is better than none.

most racing has always been on speed hasnt it? i know supermoto is on outdoor chanel usually, but most supercross is on speed and i think offroad has always been on speed but i may be wrong

thats awesome cuz that VS channel that Used to broadcast it was pretty gay :applause: Im glad Speed stepped it up :applause:

I remember back when ESPN used to cover the outdoors and David Bailey and Art Eckman used to be where Ralph and Jeff Emig are now. The shows used to be 3 HOURS long! I am still glad that Speed is doing it though, and its great they are doing it live. But at some point someone has got to say "hey, more people ride off-road motorcycles and not race NASCAR". As someone pointed out above, every day there is some kind of talk show or different form of a nascar show it seems. It looks like speed may be hearing that in their ears though as in the article in cycle news, they say they may do more events live depending on viewer response which leaves some hope for us. My only real gripe is that i wish it was more than an hour. They do nascar for hours on end with qualifying and everything, why not run a motocross show where they show all the main events, both from the lites and the 450 class? After all, we're not begging to watch qualifying, just give us the main events, please? Is anyone at speed hearing this? Are you out there?

thats awesome cuz that VS channel that Used to broadcast it was pretty gay :applause: Im glad Speed stepped it up :cry:

I dunno, is Ralh Shaheen going to be an announcer?:lol:

What ever happened to a few years ago when they would show the lites and the premier class on the same day? That was awesome back then.:applause:

LOL boy am I old. I remember as a kid riding and racing in the late 70's early 80's whenif you were EXTREMELY LUCKY to catch it you might be able to watch 1 yes ONE! mx outdoor a year with no other motorcycle racing of any kind available on tv. One a year or every other year ABC's wide world of sports woould show one outdoor event. It was the most anticipated show in my circle of friends and was always a BIG DEAL when we got to watch it. I agree the coverage could be and should be more and better due to the increase in popularity. But all in all its worlds removed form " The way it was"

Thank the Lord!!!!! I don't get OLN and only see one National a year(Millville) and that's in person. One hour is not enough, but I'll take what I can get. As far as knowing who won beforehand, I make it a point to NOT find out who won until I watch the race. I usually bend this rule when the title is on the line!!! Kudos to the NASCAR Network!!!!

That would give only 23 hours of NASCAR coverage. I still can't figure out how they find so much to talk about when it comes to driving in circles. Anyways any outdoor coverage is better than none.

Exactly...at least I am not the only one who doesn't get this whole nascar thing....Seriously, how can people sit and watch it on TV for hours at a time, it is cars going around in a freaking circle, how boring is that?? might as well go watch your grass grow....or better yet, go set up some lawn chairs at a busy or dangerous intersection, now that would be a hoot ...:applause:

I know I'll have to dodge the tomato's, but I love Nascar! Guess some people aren't smart enough to understand it isn't just going in circles.:applause:

And before the "only dumb rednecks like the sport" comments, just remember, they're are millions and millions of fans, that is why it is so popular.:applause:

I guess what makes NASCAR so interesting is the technicalities and the politics and big sponsors. I myself have struggled to wonder how millions of people love it so much but i'm coming around to it a bit, i still find it a bit boring but if you could get into it and understand it all, maybe even get a favourite driver to cheer for then i could see how it would be interesting. Having said all that, for a person who just happens to turn on the tv and see a bunch of cars going around in circles, the end result after all the hype (politics, sponsors, penalties, cheating the rule book etc etc) is quite boring.

I don't even want to hear about the cheating and penalties, at this year's Daytona 500 they made a big fuss about it, and I knew the bashers would use the "cheating" bit every chance they could. ONE big hype about it and your labeled for life.:applause:

The reason I think it is so popular is because there is so much side by side racing. No other motorsport really even comes close. Like MX/SX, 75% or more of the time someone gets out front after a lap or two and checks out. Hardly ever do we get a whole race with a battle for the lead. And I think that is the reasonMX/SX doesn't draw in more fans and viewers. The jumps are cool at first to non-riding people, but after a while they lose interest.

I know the only reason I follow MX/SX closely is because I ride a lot and that is what brought me to being a big MX/SX fan. But most people that don't ride MX have a hard time getting hooked.

motox26200 you make some valid points there too. Nascar does have about 40 guys doing 170MPH bumper to bumper, it's like high speed traffic! lol, yes i could picture that being a serious adrenaline rush if you were racing for sure. I still prefer to "watch" motocross though.

As a vintage like you! I agree! I remember being overwhelmed with amazement that any MX was on my local 4 Chanel cable!