Sign in to follow this  

Kenda Tire

When I race, i run a rear Kenda Carlsbad tire, but my freind says i should try the Millville, is the Millville tire good?

I really like the millville rear. They hook up well and they are relatively cheap.

The price is fair, but I wore carlsbad and millville really fast. I now only use Michelin Starcross, they last an ultra long time

My friends use those alot and they chunk really bad. I've ridden their bikes a few times and was not very fond of them. But of course someone on here will swear up and down they are the best tire. People have different tastes. So thats my .02 cents worth.

I agree that the Michiline starcross is a lot better tire and lasts longer. When I ran a 250 two stroke and now on my 450 I couldn't keep the kenda together on the back. The thing would chunk all apart. On my 250F however, the tire lasts a long time and has good traction. I would recomond it on a 125 ot 250F, but the bigger bikes are too hard on it.

The Millvilles I ran on my '07 YZ250 chunked bad. I'm switching back to Maxxis.

I'm not sold on the maxxis IT tire at all. I tried a rear on my 450 in the mountains and within a couple hours it was already worn really bad. I wore it halfway down in 1 weekend. The traction wasn't even that good, compared to the worn out dunlop 952 on there before. You can't go wrong with dunlop 756 front and a 952 rear.

has anyone had any thing good on a Bridgestone?

Bridgestone's are great. I used to run them when I was on the dealer support program and got them cheap. I liked running the M59/402 combo, until they discontinued the M59. Then I ran a 201/402 combo.

I will never again buy a kenda tire after my experince with the southwick. I needed a new tire after 4 rides. I had dunlops last well over 15 rides.