Sign in to follow this  

KTM 520 SX Needs to be uncorked

Hello,

I just bought the 2002 KTM 520 and need to know how to uncork the bike.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Todd

hey man , i just got a 2002 520 sx myself, i didnt get a chance to ride it yet because of the weather here. But from what i heard their beasts. But anyway probly get exhaust and carb work>

Get an FMF exhaust abd a JD jet kit for it and it will wake up.:applause:

Thanks,

Talked to the dealer today. You can change the pipe to meet your riding needs but you will not get the money out ouf the pipe unless you are racing.

Thanks again,

What are you trying to do? More power, faster reving?

A HT racing single head pipe helps the power. The 02 sx also has the heavier e/mxc flywheel and crank. If you don't need lights install the newer sx flywheel and ignition (03+) that will wake up the motor alot.

Hello,

I just bought the 2002 KTM 520 and need to know how to uncork the bike.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Todd

This is a very nice running mild tune up motor, KTM did a bunch of minor mods in 03 to hop them up, not shure that they are better, many guys that rode both covet the early tune up.

I would first concern with what shape its in, how much compression or leak does it have, second some carb mods can make them more responsive, pipe is mainly going to move the power band up which will make the bike harder to ride and move peak power up high in RPM then it will spin with the small carb that it has.

Rather then worry about hopping it up I would try & make it run to its best ability as they got plenty of HP

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to ride it as KTM built it.

Todd