Sign in to follow this  

Where do you get 1 1/8th bar adapter on the stock top clamp.

I was wondering if anyone sells a different top bar adapter that fits the oversize bars. I see that the stock 7/8th bar clamps are just bolted on. If no one has any info on this, than I'll just bore the stockers out. I thought I seen a pic of UpAllNights bike and it had something that I was looking for. thanks

Thats not what I'm talking about. The whole top portion of the bar holder comes off and is held onto the triple clamp with a bolt. I am looking for just a direct replacement, kinda like the aftermarket clamps. Like these here http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/itzbouttimefool/Picture229.jpg

Isn't that the 1 1/8th adapter?

pro taper makes direct adaptors, and you can get them from yamaha as well. Just say you want bar mounts for an 06 yzf. remember, that will only work for 06-07 yzs. 05 and earlier all had "static" mounts that you couldnt swap.

pro taper makes direct adaptors, and you can get them from yamaha as well. Just say you want bar mounts for an 06 yzf. remember, that will only work for 06-07 yzs. 05 and earlier all had "static" mounts that you couldnt swap.

Thanks man. I looked at the yamaha parts and they want about $80 for them. You have to buy them in 4 individual peices. Do you know who sells the pro tapers ones? Rocky mountain or motosport, or maybe TT?

Darn near any bar clamp will bolt on to the stock yz clamp. I had some old honds pieces around that were good. I used some tag models as well.

I bought my rg3 clamp with the proper size so I am using them now. Match the bolt diameter and length and your good to go.

just type in pro taper into ebay.....nice and cheap on there....can get bar and adapter combo packs too.

I got a set of the bar clamps from pit posse thier outlaw brand for $30

btw I see you in washington if you want a good local place to get OEM yamaha stuff south sound yamaha in federal way has been awesome 25% off when you order online.

Scroll down the page a little more. You want the ones that say..."Optional bar mounts".

I would not buy the kx models as they have a long un-threaded section on the bolt. This may be too long for the stock clamp.

I know they say for the tag clamp only, but mine worked just fine.

I ordered my TAG oversize bar mounts for my 06 YZ250 from Parts-Unlimited through my local dealership. The part number is 0603-0141 and they cost $49.95 :applause: