Sign in to follow this  

Pre-Race Maintanance

same as pre ride maintenance, oil if needed, air filter cleaning if needed, spoke tension, tire psi, let air out of forks, lube chain, check cables lube if you feel they need it. Check coolant.

this is wat i do b4 i ride

Check chain tension and lube chain

Check coolant level

Check oil level and change- if ness.

Check tire pressures and spokes

Check to make sure you have a full tank of gas

Visually check everything over and make sure its ok

then just Warm up your bike..and visualize the track...

don't forget to go over your bolts as well. Remember they come loose. Especially your plastic bolts!!!

KX bolts suck!!!!:applause:

I agree, I seems like every ride I lose another bolt, and I go over and tighten them up after every ride

I too have lost a few bolts on my Kx250F. A front fender bolt, a subframe bolt and a side number plate bolt all in the 14 months I have had it, And I do tear it down reg and re-tighten everything with a torque wrench, I think it maybe just Kawi bolts, But that wont make me give up on them, Still a great bike.

That's weird because I haven't had one bolt fall out.

I have yet to loose a bolt in my sons 07, after having the 06 for one year we lost one rear fender bolt. I can tell youu from experience there is not a bike out there that will not loose a bolt if you don't check them from time to time. The worst we had were KTm85SX they needed more checking than most but its not a big deal

i check all my fluids.

change oil if nessicerry.

check cables. lube if it needs.

check drive chain/lube/adjust.

check/adjust spokes.

let ait outa forks.

make sure brakes work.

check tire PSI.

just go over and look at everything and if i have time i retorque everything that i can.

then start bike and let it warm and hope for the best.

i have lost like literally 10 bolts on my kxf and i torque them after almost every ride . i f u use lock tite can u still take them out to like clean your plastics and how much is it?

i have not lost one bolt yet, if you tighten them properly/use loctite i cant see why they would???

also another pre-race thing would be to make sure valves are in spec(check every 10 hours)

and have a clean carby???

What do you guys reccomend concerning pre race maintanance?

The most often overlooked item is the shock and shock linkage. They dry out very fast. I grease mine every weekend during the racing season.

have you guys tried blue loctite??? works wonders. EVERY single friggen bolt on all my bikes get it

Don't use the blue locktite on the side number plate bolts. The ones that screw into the sub frame rivet nuts. The locktite sticks so good it will make the rivets just spin. I learned this the hard way.