Sign in to follow this  

Premix

right now im mixing my gas to 40:1 for my cr250 (2003), but ive heard everyone saying that i should be running it at 32:1 what are your opinions? think im safe to stay at 40:1?

right now im mixing my gas to 40:1 for my cr250 (2003), but ive heard everyone saying that i should be running it at 32:1 what are your opinions? think im safe to stay at 40:1?

it the bike is running ok at 40:1 keep it there you are not going to do damage to your bike untill you get into the real lean ratios, but i think 40:1 is a pretty safe ratio.

i had been ruunug 40:1 in my cr 125.. but have just bumped it up to 32:1.. and i have notices a big diferince in power... it seems to have a lil more acceleration..

Going from 40:1 to 32:1 isn't going to make enough of a difference in whether your fuel/air mix is to lean or too rich to even bother taking into condsideration. It woul only make a small fraction of 1 single jet size difference.

That's right and if he's too rich any change in the right direction would make A differance.